Hello from Hertfordshire

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Hertfordshire

Postby Kickback » 21 May 2016, 11:45

Hi,

Just joined this forum and have enjoyed looking through all the advice. I've been novice BBQ'ing fairly successfully for about 3 years on Webber grills and about to buy a smokey mountain to try and take things to the next level. I'll be cooking for a party of around 30-40 we're having in July so need a bit of extra kit. Normally just cook for the family although as I could happily eat BBQ everyday I make sure there are plenty of left overs!

Interested in getting hold of a pitmaster IQ 120 or IQ 130 in the next week or so. I believe one of the moderators Toby sells them - Toby if you have one I'd be interested otherwise I'll order from the states. Does anyone have experience of the IQ130? Trying to work out if its worth the extra $70. Bit of a sucker for gadgets so controlling the IQ130 from my phone sounds cool but suspect it makes little difference in reality. Given I'll be working 2 grills and the smokey mountain (and be enjoying a few beers whilst doing so) anything to make life easier is probably money well spent.

Anyway wanted to say hi.

Best

Kickback
Kickback
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hello from Hertfordshire

Postby jgdh » 04 Jun 2016, 18:57

I am also after a Pitmaster IQ 120 if Toby (or anyone else) is reselling them in the UK.

Thanks, Jon
jgdh
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from Hertfordshire

Postby Kickback » 09 Jun 2016, 23:14

I've gone for a BBQ guru cyber q from gocookoutdoors which should turn up soon. Will put it to work Father's Day weekend on a brisket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kickback
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself