Hi All!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hi All!

Postby rding » 23 Feb 2011, 16:18

Hi from sunny Wakefield

New to smoking after spending all winter watching all the programes on the food channels (Man v Food etc) what a job he has LOL. Now this isn't my first crack at this though years ago when Costco first opened I bought a Brinkmann smoke and grill without actually reading what it was and after a couple of goes decided it took too long and being younger and impatiant decided it wasnt for me and it ended up becoming a nice planter at the bottom of the garden.
Now i love to grill and im up for throwing anything on it enough so I generally don't tell people what they are eating till they comment on how good it is (squimish friends) I dont think theres many of the exotic meats around that I have not tried.
I have tried smoking on my grill with not much success(too many holes) and I have now got a Traeger sitting waiting for pick up and just getting ingredients for rubs and sauces together ready to get started. Looking forward to picking your brains for ideas.

Richard
rding
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hi All!

Postby All Weather Griller » 23 Feb 2011, 17:05

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum it's nice to see someone else on the forum that is relatively close to my neck of the woods. I'm a few junctions down the motorway from you in Worksop.

Looking forward to your posts,

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby LM600 » 24 Feb 2011, 21:42

Hi Richard,

Good call on the Brinkmann - my Pro Charcoal Grill is my main stay...yeah, it's primarily a grill but it still does some good smoking too (just pi55es the neighbours off!!!)

Which Traeger did you go for?

Just remember, there is no right, there is no wrong, there is just opinion!
LM600

Postby esselle » 25 Feb 2011, 09:05

Hi Richard,
Welcome to the forum - some advice - don't plant any shrubs in the traeger ;)
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 25 Feb 2011, 09:17

Welcome aboard.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby garymac » 25 Feb 2011, 09:37

Hi and Welcome

I also bought the Costco Brinkmann Gourmet Smoke & Grill when they had them in in 2000. I must say that I have had some limited success with it but the main issue tend to be the complete lack of adjustable vents to control the temperature of the charcoal burn.

I must say that I tend to use the Weber One Touch that I have for most things but keep threatening to get the thing out and give it one last chance before donating it to a suitable "victim" and telling the wife that I got one hell of a bargain on a WSM.

Incidently Costco now have their BBQ range on display for 2011 and there was a larger Brinkmann in there. Not sure of the exact model but think that it may have been a Smoke N pit charcoal

Gary
garymac

Postby rding » 25 Feb 2011, 20:29

Yeah Costco tend to get the grills out about the same time as they finish packing away the crimbo decs. Had a look at them last weekend. Now if i get my six numbers up I would have the one that resembles a fully fitted kitchen but I would also need to buy the house and garden to go with it. :lol:

I got my Lil Tex tonight and just finshed bolting it together now just got to kep my 6.30 am appointment at bookers for ribs and foil and I'm on my way.
rding
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby garymac » 28 Feb 2011, 11:51

Let me know what Bookers is like for the ribs. I am getting mine from Costco at the moment and although they are good quality they are a little small
garymac

Postby Steve » 28 Feb 2011, 12:30

Booker do pretty reasonable meaty ribs. A number of people on here buy ribs from there. Look for the frozen boxes of Spanish meaty ribs.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself