Hi from northamptonshire

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hi from northamptonshire

Postby Shawnb » 07 Jul 2016, 15:16

Hi everybody my name is Shawn I've been bbqing for 30 years I'm a butcher and farmer and always use our own meats.im a big fan of low n slow and we be cooking one of our 9 week old suckling pigs this weekend.I grill on a weber summit and I have a smokey mountain and have just ordered a yoder pellet grill .I am looking forward to getting to know people on this forum
Shawnb
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hi from northamptonshire

Postby slicker55 » 12 Jul 2016, 11:46

Hi Shawn,

I've only recently joined this forum but a warm welcome!

I'm hoping to find a local butcher as knowledgable as you because I fear when I walk in and ask for a Boston Butt I'll get more than I'm asking for!
slicker55
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby essexsmoker » 13 Jul 2016, 18:31

Welcome. Sounds like you'll be offering more advice than asking, which is always handy!
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby secla » 13 Jul 2016, 19:01

Also from Northamptonshire, where is your butchers ?
secla
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Jediboy » 13 Jul 2016, 21:19

Hi,
I'm from Northants too. Welcome.
Just out of interest, which butcher are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm always on the lookout for good meat.
Chris
Jediboy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Shawnb » 14 Jul 2016, 16:04

Hi all i sold my butchery business back in 2003 but have got a room set up at home to butcher all of our own stock the butcher I use to kill my stock is J MORRIS at north killworth .I do know most of the butchers at Smithfield if anybody needs help just ask.My daughter Daisy has just started her own venture making sausages using our pigs Oxford sandy black cross Berkshire she is at most local food festivals
Shawnb
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself