Hello from the Cotswolds!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from the Cotswolds!

Postby bikerbear » 14 Jul 2016, 09:23

Hi all

My name is Harry, and I have been learning and advocating the 'true' meaning of barbecue for the last few years. A good friend from Argentina regularly has me over for dinner, and you will rarely see a burger or sausage anywhere near his smoker; he has taught me a lot about different cuts of meat, how smoking works and the importance of resting meat.

I have fond memories growing up, and cooking over all sorts of fire. I am in my happy place when next to the grill, with a cold beer, and basking in the smokey goodness.

I went to Grillstock for the first time a few weeks ago; and felt really at home. So inspired by the dedication, the vast array of equipment and ingredients - and the laughter coming from different teams. One day, I hope to be part of it all.

For now, I am looking forward to cutting my teeth on my first proper BBQ; a Webber 57cm master touch (not purchased as of yet!), checking out the forum for ideas and recipes (generally salivating at the photos) and having a laugh.

Thanks for having me!
bikerbear
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Introduce Yourself