Hello from Wootton Bassett

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Wootton Bassett

Postby mattsday » 06 Aug 2016, 17:40

Hi there, my name's Matt and I'm from Wootton Bassett.

I've been addicted to BBQ for as long as I can remember, graduating from a small Weber grill up to a MasterTouch with more accessories than I can count. I love all forms of cooking, but smoking is just about my favourite.

I travel to the US (mostly west coast) a lot with work and always eat as much BBQ as I can persuade my colleagues and customers to handle. Whilst my waist size thinks it's a bad idea, every other sense just craves more.

I've joined here because it's great to talk to like-minded people, swap notes on good butchers/cut nomenclature (Crump's in Bassett is very good if there are any other carrot crunchers lurking from the north Wiltshire area). I have lots of questions as I feel I'm still a trumped-up novice who might feel confident enough to answer things from time to time too!
mattsday
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hello from Wootton Bassett

Postby sleepybones » 08 Aug 2016, 21:23

mattsday wrote:I have lots of questions as I feel I'm still a trumped-up novice who might feel confident enough to answer things from time to time too!

As my old tutor used to say "everyone is an expert at something..." lol. Welcome :)
sleepybones
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself