New Member!!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

New Member!!

Postby jjb_1987 » 12 Sep 2016, 21:34

Dear all,

Just joined the forums here at the British BBQ society. Hoping to get some good tips and improve my smokes. I'm relatively new to BBQ but I've done a few cooks with my cheap offset smoker which has turn out some burned beef ribs, slightly over smoked but amazingly tender pulled pork, and, just yesterday, some decent spare ribs. I'm going to trawl through the forums for some advice on fire management as well as how to get ribs to fall off the bone as mine yesterday were great tasting but still a little tough.

London based and currently getting my meat from a small independent butcher near Angel Station. Looking to head to some competitions for some more tips and advice. I've been using Aaron Franklin's BBQ book to learn the basics and looking to make some big improvements each time I cook.

Thanks for reading!

JB
jjb_1987
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: New Member!!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 16 Sep 2016, 06:51

Welcome and enjoy. Also have a look on Amazingribs.com for some good ideas.
With ribs I find the most important is to get cooking temps correct - 225 to 250f. Then for baby backs 2-2-1 (two hours then baste or spritz, another two hours then baste, final one hour) and for spare ribs 3-2-1.
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself