Barbecue article for magazine

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Barbecue article for magazine

Postby iGIZMO » 01 Apr 2011, 11:37

Hey Barbecuers,

I write for a gadget and lifestyle magazine and I'm researching an article on barbecues. So, where better to turn when in need of expertise, than The British BBQ society!

We plan to call in a few of the best BBQ's going and have a cook off between them. What I'm hoping you guys might do is make some suggestions for which models we should get in. We tend to be deal in quite high end products in the magazine, so price isn't a massive factor, although I am talking thousands not tens of! Fuel-wise we'll be looking at charcoal and gas.

Hope some of you find the time to answer this, and thanks in advance,

Ed
iGIZMO
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Barbecue article for magazine

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Apr 2011, 15:09

There's all them smokers that Al mentioned above and then there are Jambo's

:lol:
All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Apr 2011, 16:16

:lol:

There is a stigma with Gas, but genuinely I think with the right use of Smoking woods, rubs, sauces etc, there is no reason you can't get a good product of a gas cooker.

I much prefer setting fire to something and tending the flame, or nursing it along. I find it more satisfying, than click click.

I have even seen the Plancha tables becoming more popular but I really can't call that BBQ, that is more Al fresco dining.

Did you mention Pellet Poopers Al, or are they outside the budget?
All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Apr 2011, 16:50

I think the division across the fuel types would make an interesting sub article. Although, and I think it is perhaps a UK thing. But I would guess the majority of the readers will only relate the word BBQ, Barbecue, Barbeque, or however it is spelt to either Gas or Charcoal, Burgers or Sausages and completely miss the other 99% of the style.

In fairness, anything you can do a Beer Can Chicken on, some ABT's and of course Steaks, is a great start.
All Weather Griller

Return to Introduce Yourself