Hi from Northampton

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Re: Hi from Northampton

Postby Chris__M » 03 May 2011, 11:25

edusites wrote:What about results from the smoker - any better than low 'n' slow on the kettle?

Definitely more consistent. I have no doubt that you can do low 'n' slow on a kettle - others do, and I had some successes. However, I also had some failures - purely due to my not paying enough attention.

With the smoker, I have not had 100% perfect results (nor would I expect to), but I haven't had any disasters, and I have had some good successes. In particular, I have done a number of briskets, which I understood was a difficult undertaking, but I have had great success with (with that comment, I'll probably break the string of good luck).

Essentially the smoker has let me more or less forget about the temperature balancing issue, which lets me concentrate on the actual cooking.

Having said that, there is a bit of adventure in doing it with relatively low tech kit such as the kettle. and I would wholeheartedly recommend it as a starting point.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Hi from Northampton

Postby edusites » 03 May 2011, 16:33

Appreciate the detailed response. Thanks Chris.
edusites
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself