Taking it to the next level....

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Taking it to the next level....

Postby hopwoodsmoke » 24 Jan 2017, 22:21

Since I got my 57cm Weber kettle just over a year ago with the side table and gas starter (marketed as the 'Performer Deluxe', which is quite frankly an awful term for a barbecue that makes it sound like a sex toy) I've been hooked on perfecting 'real barbecue'.

I'm currently doing a distance learning MBA (Masters of Business Administration) and have just written an essay on Barbecue cuisine in the UK Food Industry (not had the mark back yet, but hopefully I passed!) where I managed to quote James Douglas and Scott Munro's (of Red's True BBQ fame) 'Let There Be Meat' as one of my 'academic' sources! Not sure if I'll get away with that but we'll see! I'm also going to use my dissertation to develop ideas for a barbecue themed food business; I'm not sure what this will be yet but I'll let the analysis work it out.

I'm using the MBA to justify as many barbecue outings as possible to the wife! In the upcoming months these include; Bunch of Swine's 2-day Competition Classes, Grillstock and the UnitedQ Barbecue competition in Devon. Hopefully I'll also be able to get round as many of the restaurants as possible across the UK.

I'm also looking to interview some of the leading figures in the UK barbecue scene, so if any of you are reading this then please get in touch, if not I'll be in touch with you shortly!!

Jason @hopwoodsmoke
hopwoodsmoke
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Taking it to the next level....

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 08 Apr 2017, 06:38

Hello and welcome. Forum a little quiet during winter months I'm afraid. Should be picking up now though.
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself