Long time listener first time caller

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Long time listener first time caller

Postby Tabs » 07 Feb 2017, 12:22

Hi All,

I've been scanning the boards for a while now and decided to be social and join in.

Have been doing the odd spot of BBQ'ing as we all do during summers gone by but recently dipped my toe into the Smoking arena. Started off with an entry level Callow bullet which I've put into action 4 times so far. Varying success on each attempt but I'm treating it as a steep learning curve. So far I've identified improvements after each use like modifying the charcoal pan by drilling the sides for increased air flow and taken to using a combination of sand in the water tray along with a 1ltr ally foil tray for moisture. This has resulted in a stable temps and a 4hr burn period without fluctuation.

With my interest peaked I'm now looking for a larger, robust unit with more stamina for longer duration cooks I have in mind - Scanning the forum for ideas on how to fulfill this burning (no pin intended) desire to cook for the masses!

Also discovered a cracking source for meat in the form of the local abattoir, thus cutting out the middle man and learning a few more skills preparing cuts of meat (albeit at the amateur end of the spectrum).

Anyway hello all and I look forward to bugging you for tips :ugeek:
Tabs
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Long time listener first time caller

Postby GingerBen » 10 Feb 2017, 15:27

Welcome aboard Tabs - if you're on facebook then find the BBBQS site and join that. very active members and you'll learn a lot of what you need from there.
GingerBen
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Long time listener first time caller

Postby Tabs » 13 Feb 2017, 14:35

Thanks, I've given up using Facebook their data collection and privacy policies are enough to keep me awake at night.

Anyway I'm gathering parts for a UDS build since making my first post. Hoping to have it assembled within a few weeks.
Tabs
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Introduce Yourself