Hellooo from Down South

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hellooo from Down South

Postby PieOPah » 08 Mar 2017, 13:09

I have for a long time been a big fan of the BBQ however, my main experience has been sausages, burgers and chicken and the occasional dash of rain.

With my old cheap kettle BBQ falling apart, I decided to buy myself something new. a trip to B&Q and I found myself a lovely piece of kit - which again just cooked the regular stuff. Whilst I loved that BBQ with it's prep table and built in bottle opener, when I moved house, I found it too much hassle to bring with me!

So, what to buy for my new home? I was sick of just cooking and possibly burning bangers. I wanted more.
I wanted a smoker that I could BBQ on if the need arose.

With a little research, I eventually decided on the Pro Q Frontier Elite (with a pizza stone to convince SWMBO). The new kit is all set up in the back garden. I have seasoned it with a kettle of bricks and a handful of wood chips. Now I am just waiting to get her fired up and cooking.

I plan my first cook to be a nice pork shoulder marinated in a Coke Soak (Coca-Cola, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, granulated garlic, granulated onion, chili powder, Salt, black pepper, cayenne). Will throw some Cherry Wood on there and let it do its thing for as long as I can maintain the heat!

And that's me.

Hello everybody.....
PieOPah
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hellooo from Down South

Postby Grumpy Jonze » 21 Mar 2017, 14:23

Hello, and that sounds great!

I have the same smoker, had it about six months now and looking forward to a summer of bbq. It's a great piece of kit - my only piece of advice (other than giving yourself all day to cook) is to get some Aussie heat beads rather then the usual bar-be-quick or similar briquettes - makes all the difference. Enjoy!
Grumpy Jonze
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself