Nice to 'Meat' you all!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Nice to 'Meat' you all!

Postby RustyG » 03 Apr 2017, 14:26

Hi there,

My name is Russ and I have been a keen BBQ enthusiast for many years.

I have always loved cooking and especially keen on maximising flavour with simple and fresh ingredients - with a preference for outdoor cooking.

Oh and I'm a bloke so I love Meat and Beer.... need I say more??

About 2 years ago I wanted to take my love up a notch or 2 and invested in a Weber Smokey Mountain. This was by far my best purchase to date and I have enjoyed 2 years of experimenting which has led to many Highs but also frequent lows. What I have learned is that 'don't run before you can walk', by this I mean I experimented with many different meats, many different Rubs and marinades (and the odd injection) without any real knowledge or experience. In essence I produced decent food with decent flavours, but none of them perfected. 2017 is all about 'keeping it simple' and I intend to nail the essentials (brisket, butt, Ribs and chicken).

Last year I also invested in a Weber Performa which has opened a whole new world of grilling opportunities so I am all set for an amazing season of both Low'n'Slow and Grilling fun :-)

Oh yeah, an I have an unhealthy addiction to Chilli's!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning lots of new cool stuff as well as sharing some of my own.

All the best

Russ
RustyG
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Nice to 'Meat' you all!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 08 Apr 2017, 06:58

Hi and welcome. Forum should start picking up soon. It can be a bit quiet as a lot now on Farcebook. Need to keep this forum alive for us non-farcebookers!
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby RustyG » 09 Apr 2017, 17:30

Lol, I'll try and keep posting as and when I can.

Had a great cook today, cooked smoked chicken sausages, a whole chicken and I am just awaiting the ribs (final 30mins and final application of honey BBQ sauce), all on the Smokey Mountain.

God I love the summer 8-)
RustyG
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 11 Apr 2017, 20:05

RustyG wrote:Lol, I'll try and keep posting as and when I can.

Had a great cook today, cooked smoked chicken sausages, a whole chicken and I am just awaiting the ribs (final 30mins and final application of honey BBQ sauce), all on the Smokey Mountain.

God I love the summer 8-)

Sounds good. Love my WSM.

Away in Cornwall at the moment. Lovely BBQ on my Weber 'Go Anywhere' charcoal BBQ after a day at the beach. :D
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself