Hello from West Yorkshire!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from West Yorkshire!

Postby Chop » 17 May 2017, 18:42

Hi,

Total newbie so to speak, used my dad's weber 57cm for last few years but today I've just bought a wsm 47cm from a mate only used it twice for £150, which I think is a bargain.
So I will be reading alot on here so not forced to post alot straight away, anything I can't find no doubt I'll ask.

Was going to stick a pic up of how good the condition is but not sure how to do that from my phone.

One thing I will ask is does anyone know of any shops in West Yorkshire for accessories/fuel rather than online, I'm on day off tomorrow and my have a ride.

Cheers.
Chop
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from West Yorkshire!

Postby Leodensian » 20 May 2017, 16:33

Hiya. I'm in West Yorks too. Near Halifax. Accessories might have to be sourced online but depending what you are looking for in fule and where you are that should be no probs. Just let me know where you are approximately and i'll probably know somewhere nearish.
Leodensian
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BlueSmoke » 23 May 2017, 22:04

Howdy

Might as well jump in on the West Yorkshire band wagon as I'm in Huddersfield. I'm new on here but have been smoking BBQ for a few years now. Would love to connect with fellow local foodies interested in BBQ and smoking. I love to smoke brisket and am a big fan of Franklin's BBQ style of cooking and have tried his food first hand in the US. I've design and built my own smoker and would love to share ideas and methods so I can improve my BBQ and help others too with what I have learnt over the years.

With regard to supplies, I tend to use amazon a fair bit plus my local farm shops, although I tend to have to show them how to do a packers cut for example as most have never heard of one.
BlueSmoke
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Leodensian » 25 May 2017, 16:13

Fuel wise you mush be somewhere near Fitzpatrick Fuels at Milnsbridge. Their South African lumpwood is great. £15 for 12kg nice big chunks and a good long burn.
Leodensian
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself