Hello from South Yorkshire

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from South Yorkshire

Postby Maxster » 11 Sep 2017, 17:16

Been bbqing like an idiot for many a year like 90% of people throwing asda frozen burgers on and shrinking them to a 10p bit size but thinking they taste great because it's the norm. Bought myself a weber kettle and did some hunting on a certain video site...ahum...and blimey what a transformation!!!. I'm now (according to my 18yr old son) cooking the best burgers ever. Done the low and slow briskets and boston butts but they seem to come out on the tough side. I have one main question, which is, the details on most recipes give a temperature but fail to say wether that temperature refers to the direct side or the indirect side. On my 57cm weber when the open vent is over the meat it's a difference of around 50f. Look forward to your answers and reading your recipes. Cheers Max
Maxster
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from South Yorkshire

Postby derekmiller » 17 Oct 2017, 10:28

Hi Max.

I think you will find for most recipes its over indirect. If you are referring to the low and slow, have you researched the "minion" or "snake" methods
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself