Pork, pork and more pork.

Selection of Pork Recipes

Pork, pork and more pork.

Postby Chris__M » 28 May 2011, 18:57

Had 4 of my gaming buddies around today for an all day session. I didn't want to do anything too complicated, so I bought a small loin of pork. While I was buying it, I saw the tenderloin was on offer, so I bought one of those too.

For the tenderloin, I didn't do anything but wrap it in bacon, using one of my new Cookamesh (like a frogmat) to hold it neatly together. The loin of pork I did with a simple dry rub of salt, black pepper, paprika, dark brown sugar and cinnamon. I then place it in a metal dish, on top of 2 cubed bramley apples and two cubed granny smiths.

Both went in the Traeger on smoke for an hour (cherry pellets), then got switched to medium (about 325 F) until done. The tenderloin was done first, so went into the cooler. When the loin was done, it joined it there.

While they were resting, I put on some boiled spuds, and then mashed up the mixture of cooked apple and pork juices. It need something so I added two spoons of my favourite onion relish and reheated it all as a serving sauce.

The meat carved beautifully, both were delicious, but the tenderloin was particularly succulent. The sauce was remarkable, considering how simple it was.

We finished the lot, plus a dozen pork bangers I'd put in the Traeger while it was hot - I'd intended them for later, but what the heck!

So you could say that I served a trio of pork! :lol:
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Pork, pork and more pork.

Postby LM600 » 23 Jun 2011, 14:56

Nice!
LM600

Postby All Weather Griller » 23 Jun 2011, 17:28

Superb aftermath report. Any pics?
All Weather Griller

Postby Chris__M » 23 Jun 2011, 20:39

Alas no. I seem to live in a perpetual state of suprise that what has come off the smoker is edible, and keep forgetting to take pictures.

Will try to remedy that in future. Both dishes were sufficiently good that I will be repeating them.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby All Weather Griller » 23 Jun 2011, 20:53

Chris__M wrote:Alas no. I seem to live in a perpetual state of suprise that what has come off the smoker is edible, and keep forgetting to take pictures.

Will try to remedy that in future. Both dishes were sufficiently good that I will be repeating them.

Very Funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All Weather Griller

Postby JEC » 24 Jun 2011, 07:19

Chris__M wrote:Alas no. I seem to live in a perpetual state of suprise that what has come off the smoker is edible, and keep forgetting to take pictures.

Good job this isn't a certain US forum, you'd be banned for that :lol: anyway by the sounds of your cook this would have been porknography and the mods would of had to delete it anyway :lol:
JEC

Return to Pork