Pork butt on a UDS & rib-o-lator

Selection of Pork Recipes

Pork butt on a UDS & rib-o-lator

Postby rib-o-lator » 10 Jul 2011, 17:38

i cooked a 6lb boneless pork butt on the rib-o-lator. i split it in two and put one on each tray. i used some apple for smoke.

i coated one with a spicy honey mustered sauce i made and the other with brown sugar and some seasoning. the mustard tasted the best.

i cooked them on my UDS gasser at 225 for 5-6hrs then foiled them when they hit 170 internal temp and took them off when they hit 200.

i cut the bottom out of the drum and moved it up about a foot to the first rib and re-welded, then i mounted a burner from a turkey fryer underneath (no flame on the inside of drum) on the inside i just add my wood chips and meat, temps are always even. a 2 liter bottle is mounted on the outside with a valve and some tubing running to the inside as a water drip if needed.

after it rested for about an hour pulled it and it was tender, juicy, and good. i knew you would all be asking for some so i put some in the mail to you and you should have it any day. if it doesn't show up check your postman breath.

rib-o-lator
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Pork butt on a UDS & rib-o-lator

Postby Curlie028 » 11 Jul 2011, 10:31

Goin' to have to order a butt and give it a go.
That looks absolutely delicious.
Curlie028
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Swindon_Ed » 11 Jul 2011, 11:29

I soooo want to try one of these Rib-o-lators, I'm thinking my next shippment over from the US will need to have one of these in.
Swindon_Ed

Postby markd » 11 Jul 2011, 15:41

Nice looking meat, wouldn't mind one of those rib-o-lator's either.
markd
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby UltimateHombre » 01 Jun 2012, 10:31

I am christening my UDS this weekend. http://www.bbbqs.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2183&p=18307#p18307

Using Charcoal, not gas for heat though. Are you just dropping wood chips loose on top of heat? or do you use a some sort of pot?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

J
UltimateHombre
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Pork