Turbo(ish) Pork Shoulder

Selection of Pork Recipes

Re: Turbo(ish) Pork Shoulder

Postby KamadoSimon » 14 May 2012, 14:42

keith157 wrote:Nothing........................I know nothing.....Only that we've found the opposite, maybe it's because different people react differently to different spices. I don't fare well with chillis but have little problem (I hope) with cayenne?!?!?!

I'd say it was me - but my wife said exactly the same i.e. that it was spicier. Weird. Maybe I put more on this time or something..... or as you say, we react more to pepper than chilli.. Going to have to experiment even more. What a shame! ;-)
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby KamadoSimon » 14 May 2012, 14:54

Swindon_Ed wrote:
KamadoSimon wrote:What do you tend to do with your beef shoulder when you cook it like this?

Cooking the beef i do the processes with the pork but the finishing temp' is at 210f and i add beef stock to the foil instead of apple juice.

The i'll either have pulled beef sandwiches and then use the rest for chilli, as the smoked shredded meat makes an awesome chilli :D

I am ashamed to say that I don't think I have ever had pulled beef... Gotta rectify that soon.
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Swindon_Ed » 14 May 2012, 18:38

KamadoSimon wrote:
Swindon_Ed wrote:
KamadoSimon wrote:What do you tend to do with your beef shoulder when you cook it like this?

Cooking the beef i do the processes with the pork but the finishing temp' is at 210f and i add beef stock to the foil instead of apple juice.

The i'll either have pulled beef sandwiches and then use the rest for chilli, as the smoked shredded meat makes an awesome chilli :D

I am ashamed to say that I don't think I have ever had pulled beef... Gotta rectify that soon.

If you're cooking a whole brisket soon you can make pulled beef from the point, instead of burnt ends or a mix of both as you cook the point the same way it's just a different way of serving it.
Swindon_Ed

Previous

Return to Pork