Piggie too

Selection of Pork Recipes

Piggie too

Postby keith157 » 15 Jul 2013, 09:15

As I mentioned in the first cook, the 12 Kg was just a tad large for the spit so I ordered a 10 Kg from Tasteradition. They advertise chilled rather than frozen and rare breed pork. Having been told that the smallest one they had in stock was 14Kg, plan B went into operation. As you can see its quite long measured against the spit rod itself.

So I hog tied it and put it on the Ascona rather than the Weber, so there was no smoke for it this time. As it was a rare breed I didn't season it at all to see if the flavour would come through on its own.

This is the result with delicious crispy crackling after 3.5 hours at 150C then a final blast to ensure crispness.

The final result was tender, huicy and very flaversome pork. I was told by my boss, who I found out wasn't a pork lover, that it was the nicest pork he'd eaten. I have to admit even with no seasoning the flavour was fantastic.

I also tried out Weber's non-stick spray for the first time and I was impressed, nothing stuck on either BBQ or the Excel.
keith157

Re: Piggie too

Postby RobinC » 15 Jul 2013, 20:14

Looks fantastic, how many people would that serve?
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 16 Jul 2013, 05:24

Probably a dozen+ hungry people, but I sent guests away with doggie bags which was part of the idea. How many doggie bags consist of a whole shoulder of pork (two) ;)
keith157

Postby CyderPig » 16 Jul 2013, 19:01

Next time you come down, I will do a Goose,you can do one of them.posting.php?mode=reply&f=63&t=3559#
Still don't know if I got the hang of those pesky smileys?
1st post looked fantastic anyway.
Cheers Mate
Si
CyderPig
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Pork