burgers

Good old British Beef, you can't beat it! Of course Brisket is the American BBQ favorite but recipes for any cut are welcome here.

Re: burgers

Postby keith157 » 22 Jun 2012, 07:43

I heard you, honest I did. Where do you get "massive, grey lumps of mince" from ? My burgers are 6oz, thin enough to fit the bun, made of quality mince and cooked medium rare. Once that is established then I take care of the toppings. IMHO (which is what this is all about our opinions) the toppings add substance and textural variety to the meat rather than overpowering the burger. I've seen far too many 1/4 burgers lost in a "jungle" of lettuce, tomato & onion.....
keith157

Postby bencops » 22 Jun 2012, 07:45

. Where do you get "massive, grey lumps of mince" from ?

Not from you!

My point is (and we may have the same point after this) that the burger is about the whole, not the meat.
bencops

Postby keith157 » 22 Jun 2012, 07:53

Agreed on it's own it's meat with the accompanying bits it's a Beef Burger, emphasis strongly on the meat. I've never been to a BBQ where anyone has said "hold the beef just the veg please" ;)
keith157

Postby Pecker » 22 Jun 2012, 08:15

keith157 wrote:I heard you, honest I did. Where do you get "massive, grey lumps of mince" from ? My burgers are 6oz, thin enough to fit the bun, made of quality mince and cooked medium rare. Once that is established then I take care of the toppings. IMHO (which is what this is all about our opinions) the toppings add substance and textural variety to the meat rather than overpowering the burger. I've seen far too many 1/4 burgers lost in a "jungle" of lettuce, tomato & onion.....

I can see both sides on this.

There is definitely something about a very good quality burger in a bun, which I have with just mustard and red onion. But a burger with 'the works' is a joy in itself. It's like a different dish, and I'm not sure if it's not actually better, though as ever de gustibus non disputandum est.

The great thing about the latter I suppose is that you don't have to be as picky, or spend as much, on the meat.

Steve W
Pecker
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby keith157 » 22 Jun 2012, 09:00

I have to agree that a "fully loaded bun" is a joy to devour, but IMHO without a quality beef burger it's a veggie sarnie ;)
I love this forum, it's great for friendly debate and picking up ideas.
keith157

Previous

Return to Beef