Beef Ribs 1st attempts

Good old British Beef, you can't beat it! Of course Brisket is the American BBQ favorite but recipes for any cut are welcome here.

Beef Ribs 1st attempts

Postby lozzy » 20 Jan 2014, 13:04

Hi all

I had a go at beef ribs on the weekend :D

I put on a dry rub

consisting of

paprika
Cayenne
salt
pepper
brown Sugar

set the smoker up I used the rest of some briquettes I had remaining from my last smoke for the first half of the smoke and i used a oak wood split in there for some flavor

3 Hrs in

(resizing pic

I used the thermometer and said they were done at 184f i tried one but was quite tough still. but they looked like they hadnt pulled back enough

I moistened them up again and put them in for another 3hours and the meat had totally transformed them after 6.5 hrs they were incredible even my mum at them :mrgreen:

(just uploading pic)

Half way through the cook I swapped to the heat beads needless to say im converted to these I used 1/3rd of a chimney and the temp stayed at a constant 235f! i was impressed I could actually leave the smoker unattended for a while
lozzy
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Beef Ribs 1st attempts

Postby Toby » 20 Jan 2014, 15:50

with beef ribs (and most BBQ) you need to forget about the standard temps for cooking. The old saying its done when its done is a given rule. I normally foil for the second part of the cook this will speed up the tenderising and pull off the bone.

The ribs sound fantastic\! looking forward to seeing the pics
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beef