Festive Turkey Burgers

From a humble Hot Wing to a full Christmas Turkey, BBQ applies to all. Post here if you have any good recipes.

Festive Turkey Burgers

Postby Rivierabbq » 24 Apr 2012, 06:13

After last summer doing pork shoulders and the occasional chicken, my girlfriend and i decided on making our own burgers.

We had a go at making stuffed Pork Burgers (there will be a photo in the Pork section later) and they didnt turn out half bad.

So, as it was approaching Christmas, i looked through the internet and youtube, for instructions on something a little more festive... but couldnt really find alot, so decided on just going for it myself.... so here goes...

The first pic is just the Turkey Mince

sTB001.jpg
Turkey Mince

Then we added some garlic granules. sage, and some Butt Rub seasoning

sTB002.jpg
garlic, sage, butt rub added

Finely chopped some red onion,

sTB003.jpg
Rivierabbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Festive Turkey Burgers

Postby Rivierabbq » 24 Apr 2012, 06:17

Chopped up bacon was also added to the mix....

sTB004.jpg

and then some festive stuffing too... (add which ever stuffing you fancy i suppose)

sTB005.jpg

Final ingredients were two spoons of whole cranberry jelly, and one egg yolk to help bind the mixture

sTB006.jpg
Rivierabbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Rivierabbq » 24 Apr 2012, 06:21

Mix the ingredients thoroughly............

sTB007.jpg

Then make a small amount of the mix into a ball..... (you could weigh it out if you wanted, but wheres the fun in that??)

sTB008.jpg

To flatten into the burger shape, i used a saucer, and just wetted the underside to stop the saucer sticking to the mix

sTB009.jpg

now onto the next stage, which i know WONT be to everyones liking...... :lol:
Rivierabbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Rivierabbq » 24 Apr 2012, 06:31

I decided to add some stuffing to these burgers, but NOT an ingredient that my girlfriend was too keep on!!

BUT, to keep up the festive theme i added sliced Sprouts!!!!!! ok, ok, i know, i shouldve part cooked them first to make them soft... but, the thought was there, lol.....

I pressed the sliced sprouts into the mix, lightly as to not make the mix to thin under the sprouts themselves... my girlfriend decided on stuffing hers with Mozzorella instead.....

sTB010.jpg

Then repeat the burger making sequence, and place the second burger on top of the first, and seal well around the edges, folding them in on each other if possible, to stop any of whatever is inside seeping out during the cooking process..

sTB011.jpg

Unfortunately, we didnt cook these on the BBQ, but cooked them slowly over a low/medium heat in a frying pan.

sTB012.jpg

So, there you go, our Festive Turkey Burgers, not bad for a first attempt, but since then, we have done more, and also made some pork ones, and cooked then directly, and indirectly on the grill/smoker.... and they were 'ansum!!!!!!!!!!
Rivierabbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 24 Apr 2012, 07:15

I'm loving the sprout stuffing!!!!

Sliced sprouts, sautéed with crumbled roasted chestnut, garlic and some lardons, now that would be the ultimate festive burger stuffing for me :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rivierabbq » 24 Apr 2012, 07:18

Well, i am a 'cram as many on my plate' man, so was the only option for me, lol...

As i said, not bd for a first attempt, but will definitely be 'tweeking' it here and there though.... ;)
Rivierabbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 24 Apr 2012, 11:06

It's one way to people to eat sprouts, and saves that hellish smell in the kitchen (the neighbours not ours). Nicely done :D
keith157

Return to Poultry