Tandoori chicken on the Kamado Joe

From a humble Hot Wing to a full Christmas Turkey, BBQ applies to all. Post here if you have any good recipes.

Re: Tandoori chicken on the Kamado Joe

Postby esselle » 03 Jul 2012, 09:30

KamadoSimon wrote:It took longer than expected - can't remember exactly, but I would guess around 10-15 minutes, but of course this will be determined by a) the size of your chicken chunks & b) how close you can get your meat to the charcoal. I did it with the lid closed to try & replicate the intense heat & the small opening of a traditional tandoor.

Are you finding it's taking similar times?

Yes exactly the same. I just thought you might have had more heat in there with it being a ceramic.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby KamadoSimon » 03 Jul 2012, 11:46

No - i doubt it. It's down to the charcoal given that you are cooking them so close to it. Not sure they are on there long enough to benefit from the lid being on, but I did it anyway - guess it might cook them slightly quicker, but it'll be marginal.
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby esselle » 03 Jul 2012, 11:57

KamadoSimon wrote:No - i doubt it. It's down to the charcoal given that you are cooking them so close to it. Not sure they are on there long enough to benefit from the lid being on, but I did it anyway - guess it might cook them slightly quicker, but it'll be marginal.

Got some on as we speak. ;)
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Previous

Return to Poultry