BBQ'd Buffalo Liver

Lamb, mutton, game.... Zebra, Ostrich, Crocodile. Whatever the meat, if you have a recipe, feel free to post it here.

BBQ'd Buffalo Liver

Postby Swindon_Ed » 10 Jun 2012, 16:42

I'm not a fan of liver but at the competiton @ Laverstoke park we were told that this was one of the meats that we had to cook :roll: So i came up with this and got some great feedback from the judges about our liver (one guy who said he didn't like liver said he liked this) so i thought i'd share this with everyone in case anyone fancies cooking it for themselves.

350g fresh buffalo liver (i'd assume cow liver to be very similar so you could use this instead)
6 x Tbs of Consentrated Liquid Beef Stock
3 x Tbs water
1 x Tbs onion powder
1 x Tbs garlic powder
1 x tsp cumin
1 x Tbs diced fresh chillie
2 x Tbs sliced spring onion.

Thinly slice the liver and then mix all of the other ingredients together in a bowl and then marinade the liver in the mix for an hour or two.

Then grill directly for 1-2 minutes per side then serve straight away.

Enjoy... if you dare!!!
Swindon_Ed

Re: BBQ'd Buffalo Liver

Postby Steve » 10 Jun 2012, 20:10

Is it taken from young buffalo?

If so I'd expect it may be similar to calves liver which is possibly my favourite thing to eat ever.

I was wondering whether it may be like ox liver, so really strong iron flavour?
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BBQ'd Buffalo Liver

Postby Swindon_Ed » 10 Jun 2012, 20:37

I didn't try the liver although it had a very irony smell to it which is what put me off trying it.

I wouldh've thought that the liver was from a full grown animal as we only had a chunck of the liver at that was still a big piece.
Swindon_Ed

Return to Other Meats