The New British BBQ Society Website Is Online

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

The New British BBQ Society Website Is Online

Postby Steve » 02 Dec 2009, 21:33

After a lot of work, the new website is online!!!!!!!!!

There are still a few "coming soon" sections but in the main it's there.

Please check it out at http://www.bbbqs.com and let us know if you spot any problems or you have any suggestions.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The New British BBQ Society Website Is Online

Postby British BBQ Society » 03 Dec 2009, 09:05

Huge thanks Steve, it looks great!!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THRILLIN GRILLIN » 15 Dec 2009, 21:18

The website layout is f'ing brilliant, well done steve mate.
THRILLIN GRILLIN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby stickthekettleon » 11 Aug 2010, 22:07

Steve.
I have to say, the time and imagination you've put into the new sites [i]and [i] the forum is phenominal. Well done, I think you've well earned the G.J. thats commin' to ya. :P
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 11 Aug 2010, 23:30

Thanks guys, it's been a bit of a slog over the last couple of weeks. Fortunately I've got a forgiving wife who's not got too upset at me ignoring her every evening.

The bulk of the work is done now, some of the text on the pages could do with updating, I'm afraid that's not my specialty. However I think the look and feel of all of the sites is pretty good.

I really have to pay homage to Sayontan Sinha though. He's the chap who created the Suffusion Wordpress theme we've used for the sites, it's incredibly flexible and customisable and has sped my job up considerably by cutting the amount of CSS I've had to write in half and pretty much removing any need to write php :)

I did the forum refurb tonight, i hope everyone is happy with the new look. It's intentionally very similar to the old look but grabs some styling elements from the main BBBQS site.

Next on the agenda is http://www.grillschool.co.uk which is going to be our online recipe portal and home to a number of tutorials as well as tips and tricks from experts such as yourselves. The aim with this site is to help get people cooking more than just bangers and burgers on their BBQ's by giving them a source of good, honest advice and a load of recipes to work with.

Grill School is empty at the moment, I should have the site structure in place in the next week or so and then we can start adding content. Anyone who would like to donate some recipes, please let me know and I can set you up with contributor accounts, if you can grab nice pictures of the finished dishes too that'll really help with populating the site. I'll send out instructions on how to add recipes to anyone who wants to do it but isn't comfortable with entering them into the site. It's easy though...

Oh well, time for bed me thinks, only two more days of work then I get to do some BBQ instead of writing websites about it :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smokey Toad » 12 Aug 2010, 07:50

Well done guys. it looks great
Smokey Toad
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue News