The Big Feastival

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

The Big Feastival

Postby British BBQ Society » 01 Jun 2011, 19:12

Some of you may be aware, the British BBQ Society has been asked to host 3 days of BBQ competitions at http://www.jamieoliver.com/thebigfeastival/ on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd July. This will undoubtedly be the biggest food and music event in the UK this year and we are very privileged to have been asked. I would also like to say thank you to our latest sponsors, www.booker.co.uk and www.schwartz.co.uk who have both agreed to sponsor the society.

Over the weekend, we will be hosting 20 rounds of www.ReadySteadyQ.co.uk and Kids Q plus an exhibition of Pit Masters over the Saturday night and Sunday.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Big Feastival

Postby Steve » 01 Jun 2011, 19:14

We need to add likes to the forum :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JEC » 01 Jun 2011, 19:51

Does this mean that no one from here will be at Grillstock in Bristol? Cool to be invited to run such a high profile BBQ event where there's Jamie Oliver there is normally press coverage and crowds, it will help to educate the great British public on the difference between BBQ and Grilling!!
JEC

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Jun 2011, 19:55

I with you there Steve.
All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Jun 2011, 20:41

JEC wrote:Does this mean that no one from here will be at Grillstock in Bristol? Cool to be invited to run such a high profile BBQ event where there's Jamie Oliver there is normally press coverage and crowds, it will help to educate the great British public on the difference between BBQ and Grilling!!

I wouldn't have been at Grillstock anyway, I'm not sure my family will be at this event, but especially after speaking with Swindon Ed at the weekend on the times that you're allowed on site it wouldn't suit us or our style of competing. Although I would like to do Grillstock and I know there is security there but I'm not leaving my Jambo in a town centre and have to pay for accommodation for the privilege.

I think Toby has worked hard with the authorities on this to obtain permission to remain on site with equipment.
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 01 Jun 2011, 20:51

I second Adie on that. My equipment may be nowhere near as pricey as the Jambo but it's very important to me and I wouldn't leave it in Bristol harbour, that's for sure.

I might have visited Grillstock as a spectator if not for the Big Feastival, but I'm over the moon that we're going to get to do a fourth competition this year. To do it in London in front of a huge crowd, the press all that is just great. This is going to be a great opportunity to spread the word about real BBQ.

I say well done Toby for getting this sorted, what many people won't realise is that to get this far has taken a hell of a lot of work and sacrifice from Toby (& family) over a period of years. This opportunity just shows that hard work and a passion for Q rather than £££ will achieve great things.

I doff my hat in respect Mr Shea. :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JEC » 01 Jun 2011, 21:17

That's put a huge spanner in the works I wasn't intending to compete but I was hoping to bump in to a few folks from here, it's especially disappointing as this is the closest event too me, I live just down the coast in North Devon, guess it may have to be a trip on the train to the big smoke then, lets see how this pans out. Can't blame you all for heading off to a bigger, more equipment friendly event though
JEC

Postby British BBQ Society » 02 Jun 2011, 04:38

I am certain there will still be a couple of teams from here competing, The Big Feastival is an exhibition competition to promote the word of Q to a new audience. i think Dr Sweetsmoke is going to Bristol, maybe worth sending him a PM to check, havent seen him in here for a couple of days.
Cheers
Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 02 Jun 2011, 05:34

I think Swindon Ed and Berties are at Grillstock too.
All Weather Griller

Postby esselle » 02 Jun 2011, 19:01

Huge congrats to Toby for, yet again, working tirelessly towards the goall of promoting the society and real BBQ in general. Hats off to you mate. Now get on with the judges comments from the weekend ;)
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Next

Return to Barbecue News