Changes to Competition Entry

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Changes to Competition Entry

Postby British BBQ Society » 04 Jun 2011, 19:09

Hi All,

I suddenly realised with just 4 weeks until the Big Feastival then a few days until I go on holiday thought I had better let everyone know of some fundamental changes to the British BBQ Society competition entries.

As those of you that have competed recently will be aware, the costs for the society are high and therefore the entry package is being restructured. Entry to competitions from this point forward will be reduced to £125 but will not include competition meat. The British BBQ Society is more than happy to supply competition boxes from our butchers (the same as you would have received at Mayhem in May) at cost price, approximately £80 final weight depending. Meat will need to be ordered with your team application.

Also due to my holiday and only getting back 2 days before the July comp, deadline for team entry is Friday 1st July.

I would never expect the competition circuit to make any money and that was never my intention but it must now start to cover the majority of its costs.

Thanks

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changes to Competition Entry

Postby All Weather Griller » 04 Jun 2011, 20:47

That's cool with me. As I have already paid up for all comps on the old price can I allocate the outstanding £25 from July and august to the RSQ?

Can we buy part boxes?

I will probably bring my own brisket n shoulder but want ribs n chicken from you. Is that doable? Or is it full boxes only to keep it simple?

Ta

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby British BBQ Society » 04 Jun 2011, 21:30

All Weather Griller wrote:That's cool with me. As I have already paid up for all comps on the old price can I allocate the outstanding £25 from July and august to the RSQ?
Can we buy part boxes?
I will probably bring my own brisket n shoulder but want ribs n chicken from you. Is that doable? Or is it full boxes only to keep it simple?
Ta
Adie

No problem for RSQ, you can order any meat you want, the box was just to give an indication of cost. They now keep a rolling stock of ribs, but the brisket requires notice so that they are the right size. I dread to think how many were sent back before Mayhem in May :D
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 04 Jun 2011, 21:49

Excellent! Nice n flexible as usual. Thanks Toby.
All Weather Griller

Postby esselle » 05 Jun 2011, 12:04

Sounds like the way we will go too - bringing brisket and pork and getting rubs and chicken from you Toby.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby British BBQ Society » 22 Jun 2011, 09:25

Just a reminder that you have a little over a week to send in the completed form for anyone that intends to compete at the Pit Masters accumulator in July,
Thanks

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrBlue » 22 Jun 2011, 09:47

:shock:
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue News