New Sponsor and Great Deal!!! - Thermapen

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

New Sponsor and Great Deal!!! - Thermapen

Postby British BBQ Society » 07 Jun 2011, 10:01

Hi All,

I would like to welcome ETI onboard as an official sponsor of the British BBQ Society for the 2011 season, as you will be aware ETI are the manufacturer of the Superfast Thermapen. As part of our sponsorship deal British BBQ Society members can call and order their Thermapen directly from ETI and save a whopping 25% of RRP. Their number is 01903 202151 or visit their website http://thermometer.co.uk/

The deals are now starting to flow, and I hope that when we finally get sorted and start charging a nominal amount for membership you will have already saved through British BBQ Society deals.

Cheers

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Sponsor and Great Deal!!!

Postby JEC » 07 Jun 2011, 10:11

Excellent I've been wanting to order one of these for ages. Is there a code to use with the website?
JEC

Postby sloman » 07 Jun 2011, 10:25

Love my Superfast Thermopen...
sloman
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 07 Jun 2011, 10:30

JEC wrote:Excellent I've been wanting to order one of these for ages. Is there a code to use with the website?

Just call them and say you are a member of the british bbq society ;)
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Curlie028 » 07 Jun 2011, 10:41

Another deal. Fantastic, I seemed to have joined just at the right time.

Can anyone recommend a model of the Thermapen range. BTW was thinking of getting a Maverick ET-732 but will I need both?
Curlie028
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 07 Jun 2011, 10:53

Curlie028 wrote:Another deal. Fantastic, I seemed to have joined just at the right time.

Can anyone recommend a model of the Thermapen range. BTW was thinking of getting a Maverick ET-732 but will I need both?

This is the best product, its for instant checking of meat temps, http://thermometer.co.uk/2-thermapen-thermometers.html a maverick will tell you the increasing temp, different tools that work well together
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrBlue » 07 Jun 2011, 13:04

we have both - love 'em - a marriage made in BBQ heaven! :D
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 07 Jun 2011, 16:21

I think charging for membership is a good idea where there are clear benefits to being a member.

I think the forum should always be free for everyone, but for those that want to benefit from things like Bookers Cards, Discounts on Equipment, Discount on Rubs etc then a nominal charge is a fair one.

Will it be a bit like National Trust Membership? Individual, Family, Team memberships?

As a member of the KCBS I know we get a newspaper in the form of the Bullsheet monthly with details of offers etc and when I have phoned for prices on shipping of goods to include my KCBS discount they have asked for a membership number (Which I have).

A good idea and a good way of helping the Society to stand on it's own two feet. I suspect some discounts may pay for the membership outright depending on the membership fee.
All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 07 Jun 2011, 16:22

Well done on the ETI front too!
All Weather Griller

Postby British BBQ Society » 07 Jun 2011, 19:47

DrSweetsmoke wrote:Charging for membership?

We are a combination of the smokering and KCBS in the UK putting on 4 comps this year which is unheard of. If we decide to offer membership it will be 100% voluntary for anyone that wishes to contribute. Nothing here will change but alot of people see that value of what we do. It is not an imidiate plan, but people will see the benefits.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Barbecue News