Pitmaker Shipping to Ireland

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Pitmaker Shipping to Ireland

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 Jun 2011, 16:36

If you're not on Facebook you may not be able to see this link.

However, George Shore posted today that they dispatched a container of Pitmaker BBQ Pits to the Emerald Isle.

Yeah, baby!! Is it anyone from this forum?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 5990681812
All Weather Griller

Re: Pitmaker Shipping to Ireland

Postby joker smoker » 09 Jun 2011, 16:50

WOW!Serious set up.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 Jun 2011, 18:26

Looks good, would love to see the trailermounts at one of our comps. :D
All Weather Griller

Postby joker smoker » 10 Jun 2011, 00:03

The Vault is one serious cooker. I've had my eyes on this company for quite some time.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby thebbqteam » 13 Jul 2011, 17:42

Hello All,

Just joined the forum as George from Pitmaker mentioned that there was interest in the Pitmaker equipment being shipped to Ireland.

Good news is that we finally got it delivered and we are working on the trailers now. We may plan a trip to the UK next year with the gear if there are some competitions were eligible for.

Any questions on how our build is going are welcome, we've seen someone bring in a pit from Dave Klose to ireland and it took a bit of modifying and money to get it road legal.

Look forward to being on the Forum

Brendan
thebbqteam
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby All Weather Griller » 13 Jul 2011, 18:41

Welcome on board buddy.

I spoke with George last year at the Royal briefly he is a really nice guy. When he posted the pics of your kit being shipped I knew it would end up being an awesome setup.

The only changes I had to make to my rig was the UK lights. There is a need to have an inertia braking system on anything over 750kg here and that would have made the bigger model of mine (If I could have gotten one here) a real pain to modify, meaning new axles and tow hitch. The US electric brakes are strictly illegal here.

Can't wait to see your finished article. Are you building from George's plans or are you making is completely custom?

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby thebbqteam » 13 Jul 2011, 21:47

Were very excited with the build we are about to do, just hope we get it right first time. We met the Pitmaker guys at the Houston Livestock and Rodeo in Feb at the worlds BBQ cookoff. We viewed many other peoples rigs and Pitmaker made the most sense and are really well designed. Our criteria was that we needed a rig that could cater to 500 people and looked the part. We will be aiming to be as close as possible to the trailer in my profile pic. We are measuring out the trailer currently and have an excellent fabricator that is going to start building our chassis in the next few weeks. We have to be health authority approved here too so we need to build in a tidy hot water system and have a fridge on board too all the while keeping the weight low so that we can legally tow it with our landcruiser. The one BBQ pit that i know of here in Ireland was a small unit built by Dave Klose in houston also, It was shipped to ireland with the american spec and needed hitch and brake mods. It also needed a specially modified Merc G Wagen to tow it as it sat on a single axle and was very heavy up front. We are going triple axle and about 14 feet long, similar to a low Ifor Williams chassis. We are trying out the units in our spare time and results so far are amazing. We got good wood flavour and got a great smoke ring on our initial trials. Charcoal is a problem, used lumpwood and finding it hard to keep an even temp, switching to briquettes for the next trials.
We can be followed on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-BBQ- ... 3372917713 for updates on our progress. And we will need to find a nice name for our venture too.

Many thanks for the welcome to the forum

Brendan
thebbqteam
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Barbecue News