Pig in a Day

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Pig in a Day

Postby British BBQ Society » 03 Jan 2010, 20:31

I have decided to make an addition in the May competition. i will, in the name of BBQ, sacrifice one of our pigs and get a butcher on site for a day to give a demo on butchery and preperation for anyone that is interested. If there are any particular areas of interest please let me know,

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pig in a Day

Postby Steve » 04 Jan 2010, 17:22

My question is do you fancy making up some black pudding and smoking it during the competition? I assume you'll be taking Peppa the Pig to the abbatoir yourself so you'll be able to bring the blood back with you?

I know a place we can get runner for making black pudding all we'll need is the suet, fat, herbs, spices etc.

mmmm bloood!! :twisted:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blazing » 07 Jan 2010, 14:44

Hi guys,
If you would like a pork cutting, sausage & black pudding making demo, I can provide this for you if you wish. I have been a butcher & teacher at Thomas Danby food college in Leeds for too many years. Just let me know if I can help in any way. Andy
Blazing
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 07 Jan 2010, 15:24

Hi Andy,

I should have thought of you straight away, thanks for the offer I will get intouch with you directly to discuss.

Cheers

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blazing » 27 Jan 2010, 18:32

No problem, just let me know if I can help in any way.
Blazing
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue News