Weekend Summary

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Weekend Summary

Postby British BBQ Society » 04 Jul 2011, 09:36

I have to say thankyou to all those that competed this weekend, it was a hard slog to get everything ready in such a short timescale but well worth the effort, the exposure for the society, sponsors and teams was top notch, i am sure we will all be glued to our screens when the JO show is aired!! I will be uploading pictures later today. a big thankyou to my team, Ed, Martin, Rebecca, Phil, Andrew and Mark who did everything from judging & setup to breakdown at the end of the event, without them it wouldnt have been posible.

As well as the PitMasters exhibition we had 80 individual competitors taking park in Ready Steady Q and Kids Q, which makes this the biggest BBQ event ever held in the UK. Top bands, top food and top company, i dont think you can ask for more!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weekend Summary

Postby joker smoker » 04 Jul 2011, 10:34

:D a big thank you to Ed, Martin, Rebecca, Phil, Andrew And Mark who worked relentlessly to keep all 3 competitions flowing throughout the weekend. Having breakfast cooked by Jamie Oliver on Sunday morning was pretty special and all topped off by glorious sunshine. Nice one Toby. You deserve the glory for this one.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 04 Jul 2011, 13:35

I second John, thanking all the guys who worked tirelessly to keep the BBBQS marquee running smoothly.

Personally I had an amazing (if tiring) weekend, rocking up at 11pm on the Saturday is not advised unless you love sleep deprivation, speed prepping and running your cooker up to almost 400F because you've run out of time :lol:

Personal highlights for me included Adie's face when Jamie Oliver wanted to put the hot paella pan of breakfast on his "trailer", John's sublime power napping skills (demonstrated in 5 minute bursts all day Sunday) and getting a great response to my burnt ends from Jay Raynor :D

Well done Toby for puttign together such a great event.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby eater of food » 04 Jul 2011, 18:52

Ed here.

It was a wonderful weekend of hard work and plenty of food. I speak on behalf of Andrew, Martin, Phillip, Rebecca and myself when I say a big thank you to Toby for working so hard to set up the event.

I'd like to extend a particularly big thanks to Rebecca, Andrew and Phillip too. Martin and I were afforded plenty of opportunity to judge over the course of the weekend, whereas the other three guys spent almost all their time working like dogs back-of-house, keeping the RSQ competitions turned over.

Marvellous stuff, and it was fantastic to get to know some of the BBBQS family better over the course of the weekend.

Thanks for the grub guys, and I'll see you all in a few weeks.
eater of food
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 04 Jul 2011, 20:18

Nice work Ed.

Just a query, do you diet between comps and fast leading up to the event or are you hollow legged?

:lol:
All Weather Griller

Postby Swindon_Ed » 04 Jul 2011, 20:20

Just want to say a big thanks to Toby, Ed, Martin and the other guys who helped get this event organized, as we had loads of fun and really enjoyed ourselves.

It was also great to see so much interest not only from the public but also from Jamie Oliver, Adam Perry Lang & Jay Rayner.

Also the carnage that started once everyone realized that we were giving away free ribs as part of the people's choice.
Swindon_Ed

Postby eater of food » 04 Jul 2011, 20:53

Adie. I eat like a horse, and always have.

The first time I was at Toby's for a pre-Mayhem training day, I ended up eating large quantities of pulled pork and 5 chicken thighs before going on to taste the brisket and ribs.

As for this weekend, I couldn't stop grazing in between RSQ and Pitmasters judging. As I said to Jamie on Sunday, it's important to snack between eating.

If the food's good... somehow space can be created.
eater of food
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Swindon_Ed » 06 Jul 2011, 13:56

I was wondering if Toby could share any feed back from Adam Perry Lang about any of the food that he sampled on the weekend?
Swindon_Ed

Postby British BBQ Society » 06 Jul 2011, 14:16

Cant really help there, i didnt know whos boxes were whos and they had been thrown before I did the score sheets, THink there were the top 3 briskets, he tried two and nodded, and tried a little pork and said the top rib was god.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby clairbare » 06 Jul 2011, 15:28

Any idea when this might be aired??
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Next

Return to Barbecue News