Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

Postby Toby » 18 May 2012, 16:17

I am very pleased to announced that Harry Soo from Slap Yo’ Daddy will be teaching 2 classes on the 14th & 15th July With 15 GC’s under his belt in the last 2 years he is the most successful PitMaster currently in America. Harry is ideally suited to teach people over here as he wins his competitions using WSM’s and often only using 1 of them!

ImageImage

Harry's Bio
Slap Yo Daddy BBQ is the love child of TLC’s BBQ Pitmasters Head Cook Harry Soo. Preparing a bucket list of wishes to do before kicking the bucket, he started competing in 2008. And the rest, as they say, is history. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ, one of the top-ranked Kansas City BBQ Society teams in America, was chosen among over 5,000 professional teams to appear on TLC’s BBQ Pitmasters.

In the Season Finale, SYD stunned the nation by defeating all the teams in the show including two BBQ World Champions in the winner-take-all Rib Throwdown in Texas.

Awarded California Team of the Year 2010 & 2011; Arizona Team of the Year 2010 and 2011; 2010 Grand Champion in Langley, Canada; 2010 3rd ranked Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS) team in the nation; 1st KCBS Ranchers Reserve Brisket Cup 2010; 1st KCBS Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup 2011; winner of 20+ Grand Championships including a history making 1st place in all four meat categories in the 2009 Way Out West BBQ Championship has proven this BBQ team knows their stuff.

He's received many awards including Reserve Grand Champion in Kansas City in 2009 amid 162 of the best teams in the nation at the Great American BBQ and 50+ first place finishes in various categories and countless 2nd, and 3rd place finishes.

Clearly, Slap Yo Daddy BBQ are masters at the grill, so you’ll just have to check Harry out for yourself in his first BBQ class in the UK!

Full details will be released in the next few days but this will give you an idea.

Slap Yo’ Daddy BBQ 101, July 14th 10am to 4pm, Class maximum 16 students

Learn hands-on cooking 9 items side-by-side with Harry on gas grills, gas smokers, Weber Kettles, and Weber WSM (R2D2 or Bullet) smokers. BBQ like a Champion and get ready to dazzle your family, friends, and neighbours during summer cookouts. To give you an idea of what will be included have a look at his 101 class agenda in the states, we will be amending this slightly to include locally available produce.

July 15th Slap Yo’ Daddy BBQ Competition Class maximum 16 students

Full format will be announced in the next couple of days, although master classes in America are normally full disclosure with notes being taken by the class rather than hands on. We are looking to integrate some hands on elements which will be agreed which will be formalised in the next couple of days

Harry will jump straight into teaching competition-level techniques so it is quite different than the 101 where the assumption is that the students do not know how to start a fire.

By enrolling in the class, the student agrees to hold any and all information presented as a trade secret and will not publish, relay, or otherwise communicate in any form any of said information in any manner for any cause. The use of any video recording device is strictly prohibited except by SYD BBQ. Cameras for shooting still pictures are permitted.

To register your interest please email pitmasters@ibqn.com
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ready to take it to the next level?

Postby Steve » 18 May 2012, 16:18

BOOOOOOOOOOOM

Arguably the best pitmaster in the world right now is coming to play!!!!

How's that for an announcement
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

Postby Smokey Toad » 18 May 2012, 16:27

Big news

Well done IBQN and Harry Soo for teaming up :D :P
Smokey Toad
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby RobinC » 18 May 2012, 16:28

Fantastic! Email to register interest duly sent.
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JEC » 18 May 2012, 16:35

Awesome I really hope I can make this
JEC

Postby bencops » 18 May 2012, 16:58

WOOF!

WICKED!!

I'M THERE!!!
bencops

Postby philnewts » 18 May 2012, 17:18

This is fantastic news and even if you are unable to make it, it is a fantastic recognition of the hard work Toby has put into the society. I for one am hoping to make it but it is unlikely as that is very close to baby Racks Of Ruins arrival.
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Toby » 18 May 2012, 17:46

Hey now! babies arent an excuse! You will see just how dedicated to the cause I am next weekend! Having said that I may lose the use of something if i dont spend some time in hospital :lol:
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 18 May 2012, 18:06

Toby wrote:Hey now! babies arent an excuse! You will see just how dedicated to the cause I am next weekend! Having said that I may lose the use of something if i dont spend some time in hospital :lol:

I'm hoping you meant AT hospital cos if you lose the use of something, and that something is the something some of us are thinking you will spend some time in hospital.
Best wishes to you & your family....
keith157

Postby philnewts » 18 May 2012, 18:47

Fingers crossed, and this is an amazing opportunity, it would be a shame to miss it.
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Next

Return to Barbecue News