Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

Postby harsoo » 24 May 2012, 06:46

This is a true story about how to convince your wife you need to purchase new equipment and take the class.

I cook around various states in the US and often pitmasters in those states who are total strangers offer to lend me their WSM to cook. I was trying to qualify for the Jack automatic in 2010 by flying from Los Angeles to Utah to compete as I was running out of time before the Sep deadline. Well, a pitmaster whom I did not know contacted me after I put out an SOS on the Utah forum. He convinced his wife that he need to purchase two new WSM-18 because SYD needed it to compete in Utah. Long story short, his wife said yes. He brought along a Dremmel tool and I autographed his two pits for him after the contest. See it can be done! You just need to be creative.

I've trained over 500 pitmasters, one-on-one, in small classes the past few years. I do no advertising and my students come by word-of-mouth. Many of my alumni have told me that, next to the birth of their children and their marriage, the day spent cooking with me was one of the most memorable and fun days of their lives. You won't find another pitmaster as crazy as I am trying to teach 15 items in 6 hours hands-on with a small group of students. I can't describe in words how pork butt feels like when it swells when you inject it. You have to experience it yourself in my class.

I've had many alumni who have returned to take the class again, and again. I have one student who is returning for a record 5th time, each time with a different family member or friend. I asked her if I was a bad instructor that she had to take my class so many times and she said that she learned something new each time as I cover so much information that she had to come back again to absorb the details. Even Dave Anderson, owner of the largest US BBQ chain with over 200 restaurants and a pitmaster with 35 years cooking and restaurant experience said he learned a few things from me which is the most profound compliment I received. Come immerse yourself in peace, love, and BBQ!
harsoo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BadBoyzofBBQ » 24 May 2012, 07:15

Yo!
BadBoyzofBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby harsoo » 24 May 2012, 18:07

Here is blog written by my student who attended the class I taught in Arizona about 400 miles from my home in Los Angeles. It will give you a preview of how much ground I cover in your 6 hour class and why first time, backyard, and advanced competition pitmasters find it so useful. I also have many CBJs who come to class to learn how to cook as BBQ is not as easy as it looks.

http://www.bbqislandinc.com/Slap-Yo-Dad ... _b_38.html
http://www.bbqislandinc.com/Slap-Yo-Dad ... _b_39.html

This class was taught at BBQ Island in Phoenix, AZ, and is the largest BBQ store in the Western United States.
http://www.bbqislandinc.com/
They are currently working with me to build an exciting BBQ and Grilling Bootcamp program in collaboration with an international 5-star hotel and resort chain to establish a foothold in the US and then going international. Our first 4-day immersive bootcamp course in scheduled for late October 2012 in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. Stay tuned.
harsoo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby harsoo » 29 May 2012, 01:04

Last weekend, I cooked a double header in Brentwood, CA, close to where San Francisco is.
Finished RC the first day and 6th the second.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slap-Yo-D ... 585?ref=ts
harsoo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby esselle » 29 May 2012, 07:50

If it's good enough for dangerous Dave.... :D
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Toby » 29 May 2012, 12:33

Just a reminder to everyone to register your interest via email to pitmasters@ibqn.com an email will be sent out later with a link to the registration forms. The interest already far exceeds the spaces and it will be strictly first come first served.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BBQFanatic » 29 May 2012, 14:12

I have been hitting refresh and checking my email... The wait is killing me!!!!
BBQFanatic

Postby esselle » 29 May 2012, 21:59

Is anyone else having no luck getting on the page to register or is it just me?
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby BBQFanatic » 29 May 2012, 22:25

She is not workin! First time I have managed to get onto the forum as well. This is as bad as trying to get Olympic tickets!!! No wait... Im not supposed to say the word Olympic...
BBQFanatic

Postby Eddie » 29 May 2012, 22:49

Just a idea, but because this class is in such demand and a limited spaces available. Couldn't Harry be kind enough to do two competition cooking class?

Regards
Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue News