Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

Postby keith157 » 12 Jul 2012, 13:40

Davy wrote:Toby I have just realised that the Sate Side Candy Company is just around the corner from you. Have you been there and do you know if they have a good range of bbq goodness.

Hi Davy their website shows quite a selection, didn't realise till just now they had a shopfront as well as online

http://www.americansweets.co.uk/index.a ... ion=search
keith157

Postby chokethechicken » 12 Jul 2012, 14:29

keith157 wrote:
Davy wrote:Toby I have just realised that the Sate Side Candy Company is just around the corner from you. Have you been there and do you know if they have a good range of bbq goodness.

Hi Davy their website shows quite a selection, didn't realise till just now they had a shopfront as well as online

I have ordered quite a lot of my US sauces from there. Pricey but cannot fault the service.
chokethechicken
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby chokethechicken » 12 Jul 2012, 14:37

I'm going to travel down from Letchworth at stupid-o'clock on Saturday morning to be with y'all. Got the Berlingo van so will live it up chav-stylee and sleep in it . No need for a tent. :lol:
chokethechicken
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Davy » 12 Jul 2012, 15:26

keith157 wrote:

Yes I just realised now myself they have a shop that's 3 min from Toby :D , otherwise P&P hikes the price up quite a bit. CTC I used to sleep in my sprinter all the time while working in Europe never had an issue with it
Davy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 12 Jul 2012, 16:30

Something else to look forward to then, learning, eating good Q and shopping for Q bits...............even more jealous now ;)
keith157

Postby harsoo » 12 Jul 2012, 16:39

Survived my 10 hour flight to Heathrow. Toby took me to his butcher shop friend's store. We have briskets, butts, ribs, and chicken for the class. I feel refreshed after my cup of tea with milk and a sandwich. We are discussing how we can set up the class logistics and how to make this the best BBQ class to meet or exceed student's expectations. All the bottles of secret ingredients arrived unbroken and we are going through the checklist indoors as there is a light constant drizzle. For more pics, see my facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slap-Yo-D ... 7370966585
harsoo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Toby » 12 Jul 2012, 16:48

They have just moved premises and to be honest I was a bit disappointed with the range on show, having said that they have alot in the warehouse so if you see something on the website they will have it there.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chokethechicken » 12 Jul 2012, 17:27

harsoo wrote:Survived my 10 hour flight to Heathrow. Toby took me to his butcher shop friend's store. We have briskets, butts, ribs, and chicken for the class. I feel refreshed after my cup of tea with milk and a sandwich. We are discussing how we can set up the class logistics and how to make this the best BBQ class to meet or exceed student's expectations. All the bottles of secret ingredients arrived unbroken and we are going through the checklist indoors as there is a light constant drizzle. For more pics, see my facebook page:

Good to see that you arrived okay; albeit in the middle of a traditional British summer! Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday. :D :D
chokethechicken
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby chokethechicken » 12 Jul 2012, 17:29

Davy wrote:CTC I used to sleep in my sprinter all the time while working in Europe never had an issue with it

That's good to know, thanks!
chokethechicken
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Davy » 12 Jul 2012, 21:29

harsoo wrote:Survived my 10 hour flight to Heathrow. Toby took me to his butcher shop friend's store. We have briskets, butts, ribs, and chicken for the class. I feel refreshed after my cup of tea with milk and a sandwich. We are discussing how we can set up the class logistics and how to make this the best BBQ class to meet or exceed student's expectations. All the bottles of secret ingredients arrived unbroken and we are going through the checklist indoors as there is a light constant drizzle. For more pics, see my facebook page:

Great pics, the excitement is building, it feels like Christmas eve. Harry what about jet lag are you a machine ? Just out of interest will you be doing tri tip ?
Davy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue News