Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: Slap Yo' Daddy Aka Harry Soo BBQ Classes!

Postby RobinC » 12 Jul 2012, 21:32

harsoo wrote:Survived my 10 hour flight to Heathrow. Toby took me to his butcher shop friend's store. We have briskets, butts, ribs, and chicken for the class. I feel refreshed after my cup of tea with milk and a sandwich. We are discussing how we can set up the class logistics and how to make this the best BBQ class to meet or exceed student's expectations. All the bottles of secret ingredients arrived unbroken and we are going through the checklist indoors as there is a light constant drizzle. For more pics, see my facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slap-Yo-D ... 7370966585

Light constant drizzle? That's what we call a good day
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Saucy Pig » 12 Jul 2012, 23:28

That's a shame.
Thought you'd have given Harry a proper taste of low and slow British style. Having a butcher laugh at you when asking for pork butt / brisket flat / St. Louis ribs. Then an argument with him that "No, I don't just want sausages and burgers if I'm BBQing, thanks all the same"

Anyway, setup looks great and I cant wait. See you tomorrow. I'll be the one swearing at my tent as I try to pitch it.

Nick
Saucy Pig
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby thelawnet » 13 Jul 2012, 02:21

Which butcher do you use Toby?
thelawnet
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Toby » 13 Jul 2012, 05:17

A butchers called Roberts in Chertsey, surrey, i have been working with them for the last few years so they know the competition cuts.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 13 Jul 2012, 07:23

Glad you had a safe trip Harry. Looking forward to seeing you later today. :D Don't worry about the drizzle, I heard from Benny and Sylvie's Facebook pages that it is raining in L.A. aswell so you're not missing anything ;)
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby aris » 13 Jul 2012, 08:25

Toby wrote:A butchers called Roberts in Chertsey, surrey, i have been working with them for the last few years so they know the competition cuts.

What are their prices like?
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby thelawnet » 13 Jul 2012, 10:47

Toby wrote:A butchers called Roberts in Chertsey, surrey, i have been working with them for the last few years so they know the competition cuts.

Thanks, will check them out.

Not sure if you've been to F Conisbee in Horsley (there are two shops, about a mile from each other, apparently from the days when butchers used to supply the entire town and they bought the second shop to have a local monopoly) http://www.fconisbee.co.uk/ but they are very good and I guess a bit closer than Chertsey.
thelawnet
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby gazz_46 » 13 Jul 2012, 20:21

The eagle has landed.....Harry has started imparting knowledge already...he's a very very nice man!
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby thelawnet » 13 Jul 2012, 21:10

gazz_46 wrote:The eagle has landed.....Harry has started imparting knowledge already...he's a very very nice man!

It's pouring with rain!

Just got back from Guildford on my bike, totally drenched. Going to have a sleep in proper bed tonight and just the one night of camping in knee deep water and mud for me....
thelawnet
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby harsoo » 14 Jul 2012, 05:35

Getting ready for 101 class this morning. Rain has stopped. Everyone got here safe last night and more students this morning. See video and pics at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slap-Yo-D ... 7370966585
harsoo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue News