British BBQ Society Update 29/4/10

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

British BBQ Society Update 29/4/10

Postby British BBQ Society » 29 Apr 2010, 10:06

It has been an interesting week for the British BBQ Society. Preparation for the May event is going very well, it is going to be great so many new faces although it looks like some previous competitors will be missing. We are well on our way to achieving 15 teams. A big thank you to http://www.Heatbeads.com.au who delivered 100, 7kg bags of charcoal for the circuit this week.

On Monday I had a meeting with Woking Borough Council who agreed that we could take over their town square, the busiest area for footfall in the town centre to run a BBQ event. This year the British BBQ society are diversifying and holding a series of mystery box competitions, the first of which will be held in Woking, date and event name to follow within the next couple of weeks.

I also discussed taking over Woking leisure centre for a beer and BBQ festival for the first world cup match on 12th June. This seemed to be a popular suggestion, I will have to look into this further.

As always, feedback and suggestions are appreciated, the British BBQ Society is all about its members and we take everything on board.

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Barbecue News