Grillstock Manchester

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby drbbq » 12 Jun 2013, 15:31

No worries. I just didn't want there to be any misunderstanding. The pictures looked like a very good time was had by all! I'm in for any and all future Grillstocks! Just gotta leave a few hours earlier :)
drbbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!
 
Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 18:23

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby FlashGordon » 12 Jun 2013, 16:26

It was a brilliant day - Im actually thinking of having a go at competing next year. Its something i will be looking into.

I hope the change the venue, as it was too small. I was going through summer ale at a steady pace and spent far too long q'ing for the loo.

That sad, it was a great day. I spent a good bit of time talking to the flaming amateurs and eating the samples. By far my favourite team.

One or two people where lets say slightly rude towards this forum though.
FlashGordon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!
 
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 20:29
Location: Preston

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby NomNomBBQ » 12 Jun 2013, 16:57

drbbq wrote:No worries. I just didn't want there to be any misunderstanding. The pictures looked like a very good time was had by all! I'm in for any and all future Grillstocks! Just gotta leave a few hours earlier :)

Glad thats cool, I plan to be there for all future ones as well :)
FlashGordon wrote: That sad, it was a great day. I spent a good bit of time talking to the flaming amateurs and eating the samples. By far my favourite team.

Nice one mate, I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team. They were a great bunch, 1st time I had properly met them as well and they welcomed me into the team. Some interesting takes on rubs, pastes and sauces - I need to be more adventurous with mine.
User avatar
NomNomBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!
 
Joined: 20 May 2013, 11:00

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby NomNomBBQ » 12 Jun 2013, 19:31

FlashGordon wrote:It was a brilliant day - Im actually thinking of having a go at competing next year. Its something i will be looking into.


PS You definitely should, imagine sitting around with your mates, cooking bbq, having a few beers and chatting to other friendly teams and great venders. For a whole weekend. And all around you is this great festival full of like-minded BBQ nerds and where people are queuing up to talk to you about your food and eat it.

Manchester and Bristol were some of the best times ive had in ages, I cant recommend it enough :)

The bigger events like this get, the better for the whole UK BBQ scene
User avatar
NomNomBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!
 
Joined: 20 May 2013, 11:00

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby Toby » 13 Jun 2013, 09:24

Its always going to be difficult for team numbers when there are two events on at the same weekend. I am hoping that next year there wont be any date clashes, I have already mentioned to Jon @ Grillstock i would like to compete in Bristol. I should be in a position to release our dates for 2014 in the next few weeks, hopefully getting them out this early will help.
User avatar
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 15:28
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby keith157 » 13 Jun 2013, 10:52

Whoo Hooo we get to eat Toby's food again, assuming we can fight through the crowds :lol:
User avatar
keith157
Moderator
Moderator
 
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 13:35
Location: Stevenage, Herts

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby The Foodtaster » 13 Jun 2013, 11:47

keith157 wrote:Whoo Hooo we get to eat Toby's food again, assuming we can fight through the crowds :lol:


Oh I'll be ready to fight the crowds ;) :twisted: :lol:
The Foodtaster
Got Wood!
Got Wood!
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:14
Location: Stevenage, Herts

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby Eddie » 13 Jun 2013, 12:33

Toby wrote:I have already mentioned to Jon @ Grillstock i would like to compete in Bristol.


Thats it!! You might as well give the British Bulldog the GC now?
User avatar
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready
 
Joined: 08 Jan 2011, 02:40
Location: Ashford Kent

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby Toby » 13 Jun 2013, 12:52

:lol: not a chance in hell! I would be happy with a top 50% finish. You guys have a serious advantage over me!
User avatar
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 15:28
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Grillstock Manchester

Postby drbbq » 13 Jun 2013, 13:40

Toby wrote:Its always going to be difficult for team numbers when there are two events on at the same weekend. I am hoping that next year there wont be any date clashes, I have already mentioned to Jon @ Grillstock i would like to compete in Bristol. I should be in a position to release our dates for 2014 in the next few weeks, hopefully getting them out this early will help.


Yeah date clashes have always been a problem over here. Most events aren't able to just do it whenever they wish though, because of existing partner events, site availability etc. The good news is that all of these UK events are creating huge interest and a lot of new teams and when there is enough cooks it all works itself out. KCBS used to have a "50 mile rule" meaning they wouldn't sanction a second contest if it was within 50 miles of an existing one. But that was always a problem anyway because they didn't want to stop a big new event because of a small local that was camped on the date. Again, more teams sort of solved all of that. Along with attrition/survival of the fittest among the contests.
drbbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!
 
Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 18:23

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron