New WSM 37cm for 2014

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: New WSM 37cm for 2014

Postby Toby » 02 Nov 2013, 18:59

Dan, are you aware that pro q make / used to make them? I think they retailed for about 70 and could turn you kettle into a slightly shorter wsm'

On my phone so can't properly search but here is one link I found
http://www.stifflerssurplus.com/p-5313- ... n-box.aspx
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simple-BBQ » 02 Nov 2013, 19:16

Toby,

Thanks for the link, not always easy on a 'phone I appreciate. I did come across those when I was trying to find something to buy, rather than finding I needed to make one. I couldn't find anything to fit the standard 22.5" kettle which I have been using for years. These ProQ stackers are for 18.5" barbecues.

We don't have a big garden and when I floated the idea of the addition of a WSM I found myself staring into an abyss :o . Necessity being the mother of invention and here we are both happy.

Dan
Simple-BBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby maz » 06 Apr 2014, 18:22

Simple-BBQ wrote:I'm not sure I can resist this opportunity for a blatant plug. You could buy a 37cm WSM and not fit much in it. Or, you could buy a Barbecue Stacker (http://www.barbecuestacker.com) and use that with the 57cm Weber kettle you already own and still have change to buy a multipack of beers and a chicken. One beer for the chicken and the rest to enjoy whilst feeling slightly smug?

I'm just trying to decide on wether to get this one or go for the bigger one? How much do you think could feasibly be cooked on the little one? Or should I just go for the 47? I think the 57 would be more than I really need....
:?:
maz
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Previous

Return to Barbecue News