Rudgwick Agenda and Notes

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Rudgwick Agenda and Notes

Postby British BBQ Society » 22 Aug 2010, 08:39

Hi All,

Thought it would be appropriate to send out some information about the British BBQ Society national final next weekend. Rudgwick Steam and Country show is held on the Surrey / West Sussex border between Guildford and Horsham off the A281 there will be AA signs directing you to the ground. If you have a sat nav enter RH12 3DF and follow the signs when you get close. When you get to the gate ask for directions to the main arena and you will see the society “camp”.

Family passes will be sent out to each team on Tuesday, this will allow you access for the weekend, but remember you will not be able to leave until the show has finished (6pm daily) so please make sure you have not forgotten anything that you may need during the day. I will not have additional items to lend out unless requested prior to the event.

The mystery box round no longer exists and is replaced by Ready Steady Q, please note this is for individuals, not teams or couples. Each competitor will have their own designated space which will have Gazebo, table, BBQ, Tools, Chopping Boards, apron etc, Additional ingredients will be provided by the organiser from a separate area. You will not be able to add anything you have brought with you.

I have made sure there is power on site, if you could make sure you have low energy lights etc as this is a fixed supply that needs to be shared by everyone and if it trips we will struggle to get it turned back on.

Portaloos are scattered around the ground, I have also organised a separate block for the society to use. Showers are not available on site. We have water from a single tap at the side of our area. And I will organise 2 urns for hot water, washing up will need to be done in bowls, and if you use the hot water please make sure you re-fill the urn.

Full agenda for the weekend is below, entry for Pitmasters has now closed. We still have a few spots available for Ready Steady Q. If you have any questions at all please email me toby@bbbqs.com

Saturday Agenda

10am
At our National Final hosted by Rudgwick Steam and Country show we will begin proceedings with  “Ready Steady Q” a mystery box competition in which competitors have 1 hour to fire up their grill and create a masterpiece for judging, with £1,000 up for grabs for the winner it has to be worth a go!! There will be 3 rounds prior to the final taking place at 10:00, 11:30, 13:00 and the final at 14:30. 10 competitors compete in each round, application forms can be found on the Ready Steady Q web site.

4pm
The British BBQ Society Pit Masters competition has 4 compulsory categories, Pork, Brisket, Ribs & Chicken with additional categories in Dessert and BBQ Sauce. The food is all slow cooked in the traditional American style.  Competitors will be given their meat at 2pm, which allows plenty of time for preparation prior to cooking for up to 14 hours over night. Judging for Pit Masters takes place at 30min intervals on Sunday from 11am.

Sunday Agenda

Pit Masters National Final Judging

11:30                           BBQ Sauce
12:00                           Chicken
12:30                           Pork Ribs
13:00                           Pork
13:30                           Brisket
14:00                           Dessert
16:00                           Prize Giving (May be bought forward)

Monday Agenda

Not forgetting the Kids, at 10am on Monday 30th August we will be launching “Kids Q”,  Children between 7 - 12 years old get to compete at the first ever Junior BBQ event, the aim, to create a burger from scratch and cook it to perfection! A great range of prizes are up for grabs. Please note 1 parent is expected to help the child fire up the BBQ and make sure that their child is acting in a safe manner.

Ready Steady Q Juniors will take place at 1pm for those aged between 12 - 16, the aim to season and cook the best steak cooked to medium and presented to the judges for blind tasting, first prize £100
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rudgwick Agenda and Notes

Postby stickthekettleon » 22 Aug 2010, 09:59

Just a quickie to reinforce what was said about the electricity supply. For those using floodlights (which is most of you as I recal), it is vital that you replace the tubes for low energy ones, they look like this;

http://www.delightful-uk.com/low-energy ... -434-p.asp

I can get hold of these for around £7 each and am willing to aquire these for people who need them, just let me know how many and who for, in advance so I can get them ordered and brought to site.
Please e-mail me with your requests. c.mcquillan@hotmail.co.uk
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Smokey Toad » 23 Aug 2010, 11:15

Hi Chris

Are we running 3 pin extension leads or using comando connections with adaptors?
Smokey Toad
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby stickthekettleon » 23 Aug 2010, 14:31

You will be given a standard 3 pin extension lead socket and each pitch has max 5A load. Not much I know, but we're making the best with what we've got. I think we'll be alright so long as we all don't put our kettles on at the same time.
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Smokey Toad » 23 Aug 2010, 14:51

A pocket of 5A plug top fuses it is then. :lol:
Smokey Toad
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue News