Another FSA release

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Another FSA release

Postby Toby » 21 Aug 2014, 16:23

Was asked to go onto BBC Radio Birmingham earlier to discuss the latest "release" from the FSA section starts at 1:12:30 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p024f83g

probably the most fun i have had in an interview and it was nice to finally publicly correct miss information that is fed to the public.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another FSA release

Postby Reefshark » 25 Aug 2014, 20:35

I saw this in the press and the news last week ahead of my BBQ party and I was a little insulted by the content, I take on board the message of proper food hygiene.

In the interest of promoting the hobby of barbecuing and in conjunction with the FSA can the British BBQ Society create a short advice leaflet to promote safe barbecue hygiene and cooking methods without the need to pre-cook everything in the oven before hand? ( i.e. The 10 commandments of Barbecuing)

Then the DIY chains / manufactures could include the advice with new purchases to promote safe BBQ cooking.

One last point I think the press / news distorted the FSA message.
Reefshark
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ChopperHarris » 25 Aug 2014, 22:05

The FSA release was really poor. Just listened to your rebuttal of it and you came across very well - certainly seemed to know more than the lady from Solihull council.

That said, I was visiting family this weekend and joined my uncle at the BBQ. Nothing wrong with his grilling technique - sausages were slightly charred, but everything was cooked through. However, after having used tongs to place raw chicken on the grill he then put the tongs down onto the platter that was for taking the cooked meat back through. He is purely a BBQ chef - doesn't do anything more than scramble eggs indoors - so I think it's a fair example of someone not used to managing utensils making a mistake. (I was also able to swap the platter for a clean one without causing any offence, so we all won)
ChopperHarris
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby CHokKA » 27 Mar 2015, 09:21

Is this archived anywhere? I missed it the first time around and I'd very much like to have a listen to your comments Toby :)
CHokKA
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue News