Barbecue Cookoff TV Show

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: Barbecue Cookoff TV Show

Postby keith157 » 07 Sep 2015, 06:39

jez2775 wrote:Unfortunately ale supplies are running low, as my wife seems to think that just having had a baby is a reasonable excuse for not restocking my beer fridge.

Does she not know that the baby harness was adapted from a device designed for hands-free beer shopping?
keith157

Postby Kiska95 » 07 Sep 2015, 09:48

Great Craic Keith just hope it doesn't get taken down :D
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby jez2775 » 07 Sep 2015, 10:23

I've just pointed this out, however I've been told i'm now sleeping in the shed. The shed has a stocked beer fridge, WiFi, a rather nice sofa bed and a dart board, with the smoker right outside. I'm considering sending out change of address cards to friends and family.
jez2775
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Matsuya » 10 Sep 2015, 21:23

I've only just finished the show myself having had a holiday interrupting prime barbecue season. And despite visiting the US, I didn't have a single bbq there - a bit of a shame.

I think I've softened to the show and was thoroughly pleased at the result. Simon does himself down too much - he knows what he is doing whether with a big slab of meat or some tiny fine dining dishes. Ace work.

Being a bit more relaxed about their lack of lumpwood vs briquette arguments on the show, I think the main thing they need to do is just make it less frantic. You never seem to get more than a few seconds per shot, and it slightly stresses me out watching it. I'm sure part of that is the editing and part of it is the structure of the show.

And in all fairness, the show has taught me a fair few things about barbecuing as well. I feel like I want to try cedar planking (even if amazingribs says it's a waste of a plank).
Matsuya
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby essexsmoker » 11 Sep 2015, 09:19

I've watched the final last night , also due to a holiday! Well done Simon!

It's quite amazing what they did on a bbq.

I think they all did well given the time limits.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Previous

Return to Barbecue News