Well i’ll be burgered……

Well i’ll be burgered……

Postby SaySausages.com » 25 Mar 2013, 10:27

Down on the south coast as daughter number 1 has finished school. With a minus 5 wind-chill outside and the two youngest with noses simulating the rive Nile! So what to do? Make burgers, that’s what!
In preparation of the Tony Stone competition in Holland which has a burger and steak category I thought I should put in a bit of practice. Not wanting to completely destroy the flat, yep today is about flavour so no barbecue needed, I decided on 6 distinctive flavour combinations.
I used Aberdeen angus mince from the local supermarket and raided my supply of herbs and spices. Daughter number 1 and wife gave there verdicts  2 were instantly ditched, chipotle paste is a little too strong for them, I found it on the shelf at asda and bought some to play with, think I will add it to some sauce combinations.
With 2 combinations from batch 1 and 1 from batch 2 standing out, I decided to combine them all………….. we have a winner!!! Well a favourite, only time will tell if it really is a winner, now to attack the 2kg of ribeye in the fridge for the steak category!
SaySausages.com

Re: Well i’ll be burgered……

Postby aris » 25 Mar 2013, 10:44

Not sure if you used Costco minced steak - but it is very very good. If I were doing a competition, i'd mince my own - using a mix of prime cuts with a nice level of fat.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Toby » 25 Mar 2013, 17:05

To be honest i dont use costsco for anything. This mince was from Asda, nothing special, was just trying different flavor profiles
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aris » 25 Mar 2013, 19:01

Do you have access to electricity at the competitions? If so, get a small electric mincer. If not get a hand crank mixer and mince your own beef. It makes a world of difference. To give it a go at home, you could use a food processor but pulse it very sparingly, or you will end up with meat pulp. Use some nice aged sirloin, and perhaps mix in some rib meat.

Experient.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 26 Mar 2013, 16:22

I didn't know we had courses in egg sucking
keith157

Postby Toby » 26 Mar 2013, 18:16

:lol:
Toby