Quick Sour Mash Burnt Ends

Quick Sour Mash Burnt Ends

Postby SaySausages.com » 11 May 2013, 13:41

[img]http://countrywoodsmoke.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/burntends.jpg[/img] Burnt Ends, doesn’t sound particularly appealing really, but for BBQ enthusiasts in the know, they are a real delicacy that is usually reserved for the hard working chef, washed down with a cold beer. They usually consist of the ends of beef brisket that have seen bit too much heat, and brisket cooked properly can take 18 hours. This is a lot quicker way of getting that fix, and will take 5 hours to cook. Beef short ribs have the same bags of flavour that brisket has, but have a bit more fat and cook quicker. I used a bought BBQ rub on mine for ease, rubbed a good handful into the short ribs, and then cooked for 4 hours on the BBQ at 140degC, with the lid on of course, with a chunk of apple wood that I’d pruned from one of my trees. At this point there was a wonderful bark on the outside of the meat. The succulent smoky meat pulled easily off the bone, and I cut it into chunks about an inch think. I popped the meat into an oven tray, along with half a bottle of Jeremiah Weed Sour Mash Brew, and popped back to smoke in the BBQ for another hour. Served  with a jar of Sour Mash Brew and a pile of homemade slaw, the juices from the meat dribbling down my chin, this was a messy but gorgeously meaty feast. Cheers Marcus www.countrwoodsmoke.com
SaySausages.com

Re: Quick Sour Mash Burnt Ends

Postby keith157 » 12 May 2013, 10:53

Another great use for JW. I'll give those a go soon, I just have to nag my butcher
keith157

Return to Barbecue Blog