Carnivore lads night and Smoked Brisket Recipe

Carnivore lads night and Smoked Brisket Recipe

Postby SaySausages.com » 23 Jun 2013, 07:48

Image In the little village I live in we have a bunch of real foodies, and are lucky to have Steve from Pitmans Farm where we can nip to for our fix of well aged beef. Over a few beers one evening we had come up with the idea of a beefy carnivore night to cook and taste different cuts of beef and discuss the results. So Steve and I put together a tasting menu of the following delights. Slow and Smoky Brisket~Traditional Slow Roast Brisket~Pulled Beef~Dino Beef Ribs~Smoked Brisket Chilli~Tuscan Grilled Veal and Dexter T-Bones~Dirty Veal Fillet~DIrty Dexter Skirt. We also had some nibbles of pulled veal, fennel and cajun pork scratchings. The brisket was 60day aged and took 8 hours to cook, being dry aged for so long it took a lot less cooking than younger briskets and had a wonderful depth of flavour, I used Butt Rub dry rub and smoked low and slow at 110-120deg C for 6 hours in the Kamado Joe ceramic BBQ over pecan and apple smoke. I then wrapped in foil and poured in half a bottle of beer and a glug of bourbon, cooked at the same temp for another hour, and finally brushing with BBQ sauce, and cooking for another hour uncovered. I allowed to rest in foil for another hour. The result was smoky and had a really good aged beef nutty taste well balanced with the smoke. All the food went down well and it was fun discussing the various cuts of beef, cooking methods and techniques. Cheers Marcus P.S. plenty more pictures on www.countrywoodsmoke.com 
SaySausages.com

Re: Carnivore lads night and Smoked Brisket Recipe

Postby Mj2k » 23 Jun 2013, 08:23

Looks fantastic! My friends seem to just come for the eating rather than keeping me company cooking!
Mj2k
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Minesamojito » 24 Jun 2013, 05:55

Thank you, was awesome :) was great fun sharing out the cooking and eating for a change.
Cheers
Marcus
Minesamojito
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby noxskuses » 15 Oct 2013, 11:50

Sounds great. Getting quality meat is the secret to great barbecue.

Pete
noxskuses
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Blog