Anyone fancy a road trip? Holland & Morocco!

With plenty in the pipeline, including training courses, competition organising and competing we expect to post in here every week!

Anyone fancy a road trip? Holland & Morocco!

Postby SaySausages.com » 14 Mar 2013, 10:02

Having spent the last few years organising events, I have been looking for the opportunity to get back on the competition bandwagon and 2013 seems to have given me the opportunity to do so.
17th, 18th & 19th May is the Tony Stone Low and Slow BBQ competition in Hoofddorp, Holland.
The agenda is as follows
Team setup Friday, 17th May
Saturday
10:00 Whole Hog demonstration
12:00 Category side dish: baked beans and potato salad
1:00 p.m. Grilling Contest: Best burger & best steak
6:00 p.m. Joint Whole Hog Pig picking
Sunday
Tony Stone Low & Slow Competition judging
Chicken 12:00
Ribs 12:30
Pork shoulder 1:00 p.m
Brisket 1:30 p.m.
3:00 p.m prize giving

The second competition that I have signed up for is the WBQA, World Barbecue Championships in Saidia, Morocco! 24th – 26th May. I think it is always important to challenge yourself and this style of competition is well out of my comfort zone but really looking forward to it.
Friday
12.00 Arrival of the 1st World Barbecue Convoy to Saidia (Place Maghreb Arabe)
Official openings of the 12th World Barbecue Championships
13.00 Welcome “Couscous” for all the teams, judges, media and guests
18.00 Exhibition Match: Moroccan Mechoui vs Argentinian Asado (Marina Saidia)
22.00 Gala Dinner: All teams, judges, media and guests invited
23.00 After Party: Grand Belive Hotel Saidia
Saturday
10.00 1st World Mechoui Championships
14.00 Lunch: whole roasted lamb
19.00 Dinner - Grand Belive Hotel Saidia
21.00 VIP-Event in Grand Belive Hotel Saidia
Sunday
During the day World Barbecue Championship
All day Music and presentation
10.00 12th World Barbecue Championships
18.00 Winning Ceremony
19.00 Live music
20.00 Dinner - Grand Belive Hotel Saidia
21.00 VIP- Farewell Party - Grand Belive Hotel Saidia

As you can see it’s a pretty packed 3 days but I imagine it will be a lot of fun as long as you don’t fall into the uber competitive nature of the event.

I have always invited others to join me and share the experience when I compete and this is no different. If anyone would like to join my team (ie me competing as SaySausages.com) for either or both of the events please get in touch. You don’t need to be an expert cook, or have competition experience. I am just looking for people that will get something out of it and enjoy the experience. You will just have to cover your own costs and wear some branded gear, help setup and take down etc but there is no charge and I am not asking for a contribution. Please let me know if you are interested!

I think it important to point out that i do not consider myself to be a great cook or a qualified competition BBQ instructor! I dont expect to win any comps and always look for a top 50% finish. This is just an opportunity to share a good experience and pass on the little i do know!

Toby

SaySausages.com

Return to Road Trip Blog