First smoke in the new house suggestions

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

First smoke in the new house suggestions

Postby Neil » 16 Nov 2009, 07:26

Hey all,

I am buying a new house and (as Adie suggested on FB I should do a smoke). One of the guys there has never had smoked food before so want to make sure its good, and as It will be my first smoke (on my own if steve doesnt help) something relativly simple....any ideas :)
Neil
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: First smoke in the new house suggestions

Postby Steve » 16 Nov 2009, 15:50

You seen Toby's Paella?....

Go one better and do a cassoulet with sausage (go to Henley for his Cambridgeshire Pork ones) goose, duck, pork, pork rind, beans etc... I always add guinea fowl too.

Smoke the meat then do the cassoulet slow in the water pan with some foil over it.

Or one I've been wanting to do for ages is smoked beef wellington, smoke a fillet tail, then sear slightly on the grill then borrow my pizza stone and use direct over the fire.

This is all horribly complicated though, you could just make a fatty and three tons of moink balls. :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Neil » 17 Nov 2009, 07:36

Hmm the beef wellington sounds good! with moink balls....and maybe atomic turds (thinks thats what you called them??) ;) got to love em
Neil
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 18 Nov 2009, 20:58

I think you should do some traditionals too, Ribs always go down well.
All Weather Griller

Return to Anything Butt