Snow reason not to BBQ

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Snow reason not to BBQ

Postby stickthekettleon » 08 Jan 2010, 09:18

This is a great way of getting rid of leftover xmas stuff

I can't stand cranberries, crap invention in my opinion...lets see how it cooks eh.

A simple homemede rub and a bit of string

Oo, and lets not forget the fat.

Snowy starters....

Defrosting the BBQs

Wait 3 hours.....

..serve and enjoy.

stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Snow reason not to BBQ

Postby Blazing » 10 Jan 2010, 00:20

This looks delish..........have you got any ideas for left over larger from christmas?
Blazing
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby stickthekettleon » 10 Jan 2010, 16:08

It was yummy thanks. Lager, hmm. The only time I've used lager is for beercan chicken (loads of recipies on the web) and if I'm using wood chips to smoke, a good idea is to soak them for an hour or 2 in a mix of lager, honey and water. I find it takes away the acrid edge you can get on some woods like oak, good for pork or chicken.
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British Bulldog BBQ » 10 Jan 2010, 16:48

Deary me............ there isnt supposed to be any left over lager, especially with the extended snowy holiday!
British Bulldog BBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 10 Jan 2010, 18:13

I don't ever soak chips, I stick them in a foil pouch pierced several times with a skewer. This stops them burning up too quickly. I find that with soaked chips in an enclosed cooking environment you sometimes get a kind of damp wood taste.

On the use of left over lager, try braising some oxtail in lager and butter on the smoker for an hour then transferring the mixture over to a dutch oven full of your favorite baked bean preparation and then smoke it for about five hours. Then all you have to do is take out the oxtails, pull the meat and return it to the beans before serving. Neil will vouch for me here, oxtail BBQ beans rock!!!!!!!!
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Anything Butt