Dog eat Dog!!

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Dog eat Dog!!

Postby British BBQ Society » 02 Feb 2010, 09:52

I have reduced the price on some Excels that have damaged boxes just to clear them, I spoke to the ProQ resellers that are currently buying off me to get the ok first, I have only just stopped laughing, just received a call from a potential customer and was told, a.n.other garden centre, i wont name names is clearing out their stock and already selling excels for £90!!! I called them to check and its true. I have been undercut by a legitimate ProQ Reseller!!!! :lol:
Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dog eat Dog!!

Postby Steve » 02 Feb 2010, 17:27

That is funny, but surely the legitimate warranty isn't as good yours ;)

At £90 though there's no excuse not to buy two and compete!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby British BBQ Society » 02 Feb 2010, 17:48

I am running a special offer at the moment, £100 for an excel, the boxes are messy but the contents are perfect. If you know anyone thinking of competing now is the time to buy.
Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THRILLIN GRILLIN » 02 Feb 2010, 21:03

wow that garden centre must be earning either little or no money from those sales. To be honest I'd much prefer to buy from toby, even if it is £10 more, you'll get at least £10 of Toby after service. Hope your close to getting your garage back mate. :D
THRILLIN GRILLIN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 03 Feb 2010, 11:17

I second that, I want Toby-warranty on everything I buy :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jaymaxruby » 05 Feb 2010, 21:36

Not that funny if u just paid 190 quid for one like i did a week ago, not being funny but it seems ur all laughing at other peoples expense after u brought pro Qs really cheap
Regards Andy.
jaymaxruby
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 05 Feb 2010, 22:20

Andy, I paid full retail price for my Excel i.e. £279 and Chris doesn't use an Excel so that's not the case at all.

I've had more than £279 worth of value out of my Excel so in my opinion at £190 you still got a bargain.

The last thing we're going to do is laugh at people who are getting into smoking when we've all put a lot of time and effort into promoting this kind of cooking, setting up the society and providing lots of help and advice for new Pro Q owners on this forum.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THRILLIN GRILLIN » 05 Feb 2010, 23:27

I definately did not want to offend anyone, as steve has so rightly said. also I do not have an excel I was just literally referring to Toby's remarkable after service, my sympathies are out with everyone who feels cheated by the price drops, but as steve says alot of people on this forum have bought the excel for full price so your not the only person in that boat. I havent used the excel but i've seen many in action and believe they are amazing bbq's and if I lived in the U.K. I would definately own 1 (would be happy to pay full price for it aswell).

chris
THRILLIN GRILLIN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby jaymaxruby » 06 Feb 2010, 08:36

All i can say is im buyin another at £100 and puttin it in storage :lol:
jaymaxruby
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 06 Feb 2010, 09:52

Buy another at £100 and then come to the competition in May :D

You won't regret doing it, the competitions are a great laugh. We did the first one last year and are well and truly hooked now, even ended up over in the States on september competing for the BBBQS team at the world's biggest BBQ competition, The American Royal.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Anything Butt