Americana International

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Americana International

Postby Mighty » 04 May 2010, 23:09

As I mentioned on my intro thread, its not just American food that does it for me. I've also been around the American car/Hot Rod scene now for quite a few years and I work in the marketing side of motorsport mainly concentrating on drag racing, in the US, Australia, and Middle-East as well as in Europe. On the non-professional side along with a few good friends we run what has quickly become the largest American car club in the north of England.

Here's our two:

Obviously for work I spend a lot of time trying to facilitate joined up thinking and got to thinking myself about the bbbqs whilst having a quick chat with Adie (All Weather..) on facebook the other day. As part of our show season we attend a number of American lifestyle events which are far more than just car shows and I was thinking it would maybe cool to try to bring the bbbqs onboard for some of these for 2011.

The biggest of the lifestyle type shows is Americana International http://www.americana-international.co.uk/ at Newark showground over the weekend of July 8th to 11th. This year will be the 30th year that Chris Jackson has promoted the event which features a good couple of thousand American Cars, Bikes and Trucks, music across two large festival stages, american themed traders, 50's retro funfair with a huge weekend campground. It is without doubt the largest American lifestyle event in Europe and is definitely worth a visit and I'm sure it would also be worth talking to Chris about maybe holding a bbbqs event as part of the show in the future.

For the first time this year I'll also be promoting an event around the same time, but more of that over the coming weeks!
Mighty
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Americana International

Postby Steve » 05 May 2010, 07:51

Very nice rides you have there.

The Americana event looks very cool indeed. I wish I could make it up there this year to check it out but am busy that weekend.

I'd definately be interested in attending a BBQ event at an Americana-type event, brisket and muscle cars sounds like the most fun you can have standing up to me :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Americana International

Postby All Weather Griller » 05 May 2010, 18:15

I'm thinking the same Steve.
All Weather Griller

Return to Anything Butt