UK Winter BBQing

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: UK Winter BBQing

Postby Col (Shizzling) » 18 Dec 2012, 08:11

Thanks - I'll keep doing the Berko market and now I'm looking for a busier one to add to the turnover.

I've worked in commercial kitchens a long time ago as student jobs. McDonalds first - fun to begin with and teaches you to be systematic - then various one for Compass Services including Hamleys and the Natural History Museum.

Natural History Museum was the the best one - the cold store was in tunnels underneath the museum where loads of the collections and items not on display were stored. Used to wheel trolleys full of ingredients past giraffes and dinosaurs wrapped in plastic sheeting. Always brought a smile to my face.
Col (Shizzling)
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 18 Dec 2012, 10:36

Well dealing with all those dinosaurs and old fossils will stand you in good stead in some areas of Happy Herts.... ;)
keith157

Postby Col (Shizzling) » 18 Dec 2012, 11:28

Yes indeed.

I tell you, those tunnels are massive. I went to uni at Imperial College just up the road from there. There are similar tunnels that stretch from Imperial, under the Albert Hall and under Hyde Park. All full of war records and stuff.

If you've ever walked through the tunnel from South Ken station to the Science Museum you'll know the scale of what I'm talking about. The museum guides even have a social club down there in side rooms that housed a bar, seating area and 3 snooker tables.
Col (Shizzling)
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Col (Shizzling) » 18 Dec 2012, 12:06

There's also said to be a network of electric powered trains that travel under London.
Col (Shizzling)
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Anything Butt