suggested recipes for Fatty's

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: suggested recipes for Fatty's

Postby keith157 » 07 Aug 2013, 11:08

slatts wrote:I knew it wasn't my fault ;) :lol: :lol: now to convince the wife and everybody else

We're with you bro' 8-)
keith157

Postby matt318 » 10 Aug 2013, 21:55

Did a fatty today,

Sausage meat from butchers
White and black pepper in the meat mix. sauté onion, close cup mushrooms and some fancy ones I picked up with garlic, rolled that up and smoked it with a bit of dry rub and used oak. Served with a sweedish meatball sauce, Google almost famous sweedish meatballs for sauce recipe (basically tastes like ikea sauce) everyone loved it.
matt318
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby stretchie_ » 13 Aug 2013, 08:48

Swindon_Ed wrote:Needs to be sausage meat as pork mince is too lean and will end up being dry.

I have to disagree with this WITH THE CAVEAT that Ed is much more experienced than I so please don't think I am saying he is wrong, I have only ever made them with pork mince and they do not end up dry, again for all I know with sausage meat they are a billion times better but we've not had a dry fatty yet.

I use pork mince from the butcher, get some rub in it and mix it in, lattuce the bacon (Oscar Meyer, but it's not cheap), spread the mince on it then get a chorizo in there MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

However, I am having a burn this weekend and in the interest of science I will do one with sausage meat and report back. :D
stretchie_
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby kwazulu » 14 Aug 2013, 06:43

my thanks again to all for help and advice. :D
kwazulu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 14 Aug 2013, 07:42

I think the difference is the quantity of fat in sausage meat. If you were mincing your own meat you would use more lean than fat which may prove dry. Whereas bought sausagemeat is guarenteed a quantity of fat thus making it more moist or in technical terms moistererererist ;)
This obviously proves that there is more than one way to remove the furry outer covering of a feline :D
keith157

Postby kwazulu » 14 Aug 2013, 12:20

just got back from a little trip to my butcher... £1.50 for a 1lb tube of sausage meat. Seemed very reasonable to me :D :D
kwazulu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby slatts » 14 Aug 2013, 21:09

ive just eaten my second fattie and I used a nice Cumberland sausage, de-skinned 6 sausages 5x5 streaky bacon lattice slap yo daddy dry rub with a filling of pepperoni with Mexicana cheese slices then some more slap yo daddy dry rub over the bacon.

Best thing ive eaten in a long time, think i'll keep this recipe as my tried and tested and experiment a bit more with extra fatties.
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby gazz_46 » 20 Aug 2013, 15:52

Did one last week

Free range sausage, jack cheese, jalapeño chilli and a whole black pudding centre

Awesome

I can weave bacon me :D
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby kwazulu » 20 Aug 2013, 15:57

gazz_46 wrote:Free range sausage, jack cheese, jalapeño chilli and a whole black pudding centre

Man! now that sounds awesome! this will be the next one I try for sure!

< now I am hungry :D >
kwazulu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby gazz_46 » 20 Aug 2013, 16:45

Will post pics as soon as pc is up and running, can't seem to post from mobile..... Doh! :cry:
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Butt